2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2014 4:09 AM by pauland

flex app rejection because of Orientations issue on iOS7

NVD8575

down votefavorite 

We found that your app does not comply with the Apple iOS Human Interface Guidelines, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

While supporting both variants of both orientations, each with unique launch images, provides the best user experience and is recommended, we understand there are certain applications that must run in the landscape orientation only. In this case, it would be appropriate to support both variants of that orientation in your application, e.g., Home button right and left.

Addressing this issue typically requires only a simple and straightforward code modification. However, if you require assistance, the Apple Developer Support Team is available to provide code-level assistance.

For more information, please review the Aim to Support All Orientations section of the iOS Human Interface Guidelines.

I have decided to open application only in Landscape mode and I have following code to restrict:

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>  <autoOrients>false</autoOrients>

• 1. Re: flex app rejection because of Orientations issue on iOS7
          NVD8575 Level 1

Hello,

I have

<aspectRatio>landscape</aspectRatio>  <autoOrients>false</autoOrients>
          in my app.xml file, and my application supports only landscape orientation. Still apple has rejected it.

I have used air sdk 13.0.0.** and flash builder 4.7

They have givebn rejection number

10.6: Apple and our customers place a high value on simple, refined, creative, well thought through interfaces. They take more work but are worth it. Apple sets a high bar. If your user interface is complex or less than very good it may be rejected

Even my app made for iPad only

<iPhone>

<InfoAdditions><![CDATA[

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>

<array>

<string>2</string>

</array>

]]></InfoAdditions>

<requestedDisplayResolution>high</requestedDisplayResolution>

</iPhone>

can you tell me why they have rejected it.

They given me rejection screenshot:

Screenshot_0.png

I simply don't understand why this happens, while I am forcing an app to open in landscape mode only?

• 2. Re: flex app rejection because of Orientations issue on iOS7
            pauland Level 4

can you tell me why they have rejected it.

I think the fact that you ask the question is more a mystery than the rejection.

If you think that presenting the user with a UI as shown by the screenshot is acceptable, then I don't really know what to say.

I have built several iPad apps using flash and orientation hasn't been a problem. Perhaps you want <autoOrients> to be true?

Seriously, imagine if you bought an App that had half the UI cut-off in portrait mode, would you think that that was a quality product?

Apple has done you and any users a favour by rejecting it. You would be awash with complaints by now.