2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2007 8:45 AM by

data binding not working

env: Flex Builder 3 (beta 3)

problem:
      no data in the TextInput field with id=''selectedCusCity" shows up when a specific row is selected/highlighted.
      Please shed some light.

code snip
      web service call omitted;
      <mx:Script>
      <![CDATA[
      import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;
      import mx.collections.ArrayCollection;

[Bindable]
      private var custData:ArrayCollection;
      private function customer_RO_Handler(event:ResultEvent):void
      {
      custData = ArrayCollection(event.result);
      }
      ]]>
      </mx:Script>
      <mx:DataGrid id="dgCustomerRequest" dataProvider="{custData}" x="22" y="128" width="450">
      </mx:DataGrid>
      <mx:TextInput x="22" y="292" id="selectedCusCity" text="{dgCustomerRequest.selectedItem.city}"/>
        • 1. Re: data binding not working
          Ivascu Cristian Level 1
          Hi,

Please file a bug at http://bugs.adobe.com/flex and attach a sample response from the server, as well as your mxml, so we can try and reproduce this.
          One quick thought - do you define the columns in the datagrid manually, or are they created dynamically at runtime?

Cristian
          • 2. Re: data binding not working
            Either your bug system is temporarily experiencing some problem or my computer is controled by some freak (hacked), the input fields are inactive (tried IE7, FF2 and even Netscape6).

My attempt of specifying columns within the grid resulted in no data display, so, I left to Flex 3 to do it as the code above indicated, however, this automation had the side effect of mis-ordering or is there some grid attribute to control column ordering. Also, I suspect that the automatic columns retrieval may relate to another field binding problem.

Thanks.

Don