2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2007 3:16 AM by budgiebird

Director 8.5 content in mac OS X

amnheduser
      I'm not a Director user, so please bear with me. I maintain an interactive kiosk in a children's discovery room. The content for the kiosk was created with Director 8 educational version some 6 years ago and has been running on a G4 tower operating on OS 9.1. The touchscreen blew out, and I can't find a new model which will work with system 9, so I need to find a way to update the existing content to work natively in OS X. Any advice? Can this be done simply in Director MX?

Thanks,
      Danny
        • 1. Re: Director 8.5 content in mac OS X
          Level 7
          For most projects, it should work as is. Just open with mx04, update and
          publish. Note that one or two things -like the timeout object syntax- has
          changed since v8. Even if you project includes such objects though, it
          should be a mater of minutes to changed the required lines. Why don't you
          download a trial version and check it yourself?
          http://www.adobe.com/products/director/download/

"amnheduser" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fkebar$iho$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > I'm not a Director user, so please bear with me. I maintain an
          > interactive
          > kiosk in a children's discovery room. The content for the kiosk was
          > created
          > with Director 8 educational version some 6 years ago and has been running
          > on a
          > G4 tower operating on OS 9.1. The touchscreen blew out, and I can't find
          > a new
          > model which will work with system 9, so I need to find a way to update the
          > existing content to work natively in OS X. Any advice? Can this be done
          > simply in Director MX?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Danny
          >

• 2. Re: Director 8.5 content in mac OS X
            budgiebird
            Hi amnheduser, dont TrollTouch ( http://www.trolltouch.com/) keep old software? If youve not asked them already try Nick Durso <nick@trolltouch.com> and see. They have supplied my touch screens. But alchemist is correct updating should be really simple. Have a cool yule, r.