4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 9:55 AM by mikedrevline RSS

ios7 App - Question & Answer App

mikedrevline

Hi,

Looking for some initial direction on creating a new App for that asks questions and provides a response to eventually provide an answer.

- Can this be created in Flex/Flash?

- Is this is a more XCode 5 solution?

Thanks in advance.

MD

• 1. Re: ios7 App - Question & Answer App
          pauland Community Member

You can make something like that in just about anything.

• 2. Re: ios7 App - Question & Answer App
            mikedrevline Community Member

Thanks for the reply.  I really do not know where to start.  Basically, I'm an idiot from the development side.  I have created some basic things with XCode5 for ios7 with basic functionality, that's it.  Can you provide any insight to literally start down this path?  Translating in to (1) do I need to create a DB/table (XML or related) to have the questions present themselves than in a linear way to then move forward with following questions and (2) is Flex/FB the way to go?  I have the Creative Suite plus an Apple Developer License.

Also, I would be interested in having someone knowledgable train me hourly if that was even an option.

• 3. Re: ios7 App - Question & Answer App
              pauland Community Member

Unfortunately I don't have the time to guide you. Your description is pretty vague, but sounds a bit like a quiz, so googling quiz apps might be helpfull. I have made systems that are probably similar to what you seem to want, using Flash and XML files for the questions/content.

I build a lot of Flash stuff for the iPad these days and would be more likely to use Flash/Xcode/HTML than Flex. It all "depends".

I don't know what you're experience level is, but at least storyboard the thing first and decide how the questions will be stored and how the thing will work in a general sense before picking the technology. I suspect that your experience is low in front-end technologies if you even need to ask the question.

Most of my work these days is implementing storyboards supplied by my client.

• 4. Re: ios7 App - Question & Answer App
                mikedrevline Community Member

Thanks a ton for what you provided.  Further along mentally then I was with your insight.  I will Google "quiz apps" and start down that path,  Appreciate your time.