1 2 3 Previous Next 88 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2015 2:50 PM by alejandror44205987

Exposure slider jumps back

Help1965

Hi

I suddenly have problems with my exposure slider . He alsways jumps back to a full number as soon as i use any of the other sliders . ig it set it to  0,8 use than another slider and the exposure slider jumps back to  zero, or from 1,4 to one . Anybody has some advice for me ?

Regards

• 1. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
          Yammer Level 4

That's a new one for me. Maybe tell us what OS, CS and ACR version you're using might help.

• 2. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
            Help1965 Level 1

Hi Yammer

i am using Mac 10.6.8  Camera Raw 8.2.94 and cs 6

• 3. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
              RASouthworth Level 3

When it jumps back does the exposure change, e.g. if set at +1.9, then when activating another slider and the exposure changes to +1.0 does the image lighten significantly?  Trying to understand if it is a display issue or ACR is actually bouncing the exposure.

Richard Southworth

• 4. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                Help1965 Level 1

Hi Richard

it does both

the slider jumps

and the image darkens significantly ( i.g. the slider jumps from 1.9 back to 1 )

Andreas

• 5. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                  RASouthworth Level 3

I'm with Yammer, never have seen or heard of such, using same config on a PC.  You might experiment some more, does entering a number give a different result than using the slider?  However, it seems to me to be a bug, probably time to report in to Adobe.

Did this occur ought of the blue, i.e. all was running fine one day and then suddenly the problem appeared, with no changes to either system or application software?  Have you tried it with several images, both raw and jpg?

Richard Southworth

• 6. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                    Help1965 Level 1

Yes out of the blue

yes problem with raw tifs and jpgs too

I did report it to Adobe , no real help so fare

they thought i should uninstall cs6 ( which would be a pain since i ve a lot of plug ins )

entering numbers does not help

: (

• 7. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                      RASouthworth Level 3

I'm pretty much out of bullets.  You might try reloading ACR 8.2, using the download version rather than from the Help menu.  Also, have you applied all other updates to CS6?

Richard Southworth

• 8. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                        Help1965 Level 1

Hi Richard

thank you , looks like downloading the DNG Converter 8.2 did it

Andreas

• 9. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                          Help1965 Level 1

PS :

I m not sure

but maybe i had only downloaded before  ACR 8.2

but not the DNG 8.2

Is that possible ?

Andreas

• 10. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                            RASouthworth Level 3

The DNG converter is a separate program and separate download, not an update.  Not sure exactly what you did, but glad it now works.

Richard Southworth

• 11. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                              momo55 Level 1

I have this same thing happening. I open a raw file. Adjust exposure up or down. Any other slider i move moves the exposure setting back to 0 or sometimes to 1.00. It'll go back to 1.00 if I set it higher than 1.00 or back to 2.00 if set higher.

I don't use acr much at all. Usually do my raw conversions in Lightroom. Yesterday had some test files not compatible with LR4 so I opened them with the acr in photoshop CS6. Adobe Camera Raw version is 8.2.0.94. I did upgrade photoshop recently. Some bug fixes. I have not installed the most recent release candidate of acr.

I'm on a mac. 10.8.5

thanks for any help...

ok, here's a short update...since acr 8.2 was usless the way it was working I decided to try the 8.3 release candidate that was put out recently...that solved the exposure slider problem...it now works as it should...

wait, shut down photoshop, re-opened, and it's doing the same thing...even moving between tabs or making the image bigger resets the exposure slider...none of the other sliders seems affected...

any ideas?...

• 12. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee

I've not seen this happen -- very strange symptoms.  Particularly the part about even just making the image bigger (which I assume you do by zooming in) causing the exposure slider to change.

May I ask -- what type of input device are you using?  Are you using a mouse, trackball, some type of tablet?  Are you adjusting the sliders using the device, or nudging up/down using the keyboard?

• 13. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                  m.davidtaub

Hi Eric, I'm using a wacom with its mouse and pen...an intuos 3, small model...

I tried my computer this morning without it, restarted, and used the trackpad, same result. I'm using a macbook pro with wacom attached.

The exposure setting changes with any move I make afterward. If I click in another box to set say contrast with keyboard number, as soon as i click in the box the exposure resets itself. If I click on the magic wand to enlarge or reduce the image the exposure setting resets. If i click on the small menu, lower left hand corner to resize, the exposure setting resets.

The problem occurs using the mouse to move the sliders or clicking into a box to add a number.

ok, that's all I got...

short ps. I'm momo55, but the adobe forum was weird this morning, asked me to sign in again and I couldn't use my original name for some reason so i chose m.davidtaub...

• 14. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                    Help1965 Level 1

Sadly my problem came back

I tried :

to upgrade camera raw

to downgrade camera raw

install CS6 again

deinstall all adobe apps and reinstall them

installed Snow leo again

diconected my wacom

typed the numbers into the exposure slider window

all in vain

sometimes it works for a few hours

but most of the time it doesnt

the exposure slider jumps as soon as i do something else

Andreas

• 15. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                      Help1965 Level 1

PS : But i found a few people with the same problem

Andreas

• 16. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                        m.davidtaub Level 1

Hi Andreas...yes, it's happening to me too. But Eric, madmanchan, from adobe is here and if anyone can help, get to the bottom of this, it's him. Patience while he checks this out.

• 17. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                          miksjo Level 1

Same problem here and on top of that, Camera Raw can no longer recognize or use lens profiles for my lenses using D800 & D4.

• 18. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                            m.davidtaub Level 1

I checked this today and I'm not able to use lens profiles either in acr. Mine were for a 50mm nikon lens.

One thing I found. I'll go down the adjustments panel and adjust color/temp first. If I hit the button just above the exposure slider/setting, the 'auto' button, it will adjust several settings including exposure. If I then try and adjust another setting the exposure setting does not move. It stays where 'auto' put it. However, once I manually adjust the exposure slider the same problem occurs. Exposure moves to zero or the next full stop, 1.0, 2.0 or -1.0 etc...

ok, that's all I got...

• 19. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                              Help1965 Level 1

Hi David

its exactly the same for me .

Plus if i put the mouse excatly on the line i.g.of  the exposure slider its an arrow

if i put the mouse above the line it changes into a hand with arrows right and left .

Now that works with every slider exept for the exposure slider . Here the mouse also changes into

a hand with arrows right and left , but i can t move the the exposure slider.

The the exposure slider i can only move if i m right on the line and the mouse is an arrow.

I also upgraded to camera Raw 8.3

It worked fine untill i had to switch off the Mac .

Afther the next start the problem with the jumping the exposure slider was back .

Andreas

• 20. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                Jeffrey Tranberry Adobe Employee

A few things that might be useful for us to try and reproduce it:

1. A video demostrating the behavior (post to Dropbox or YouTube)

2. The device model and driver #

3. Your Photoshop system info. (in Photoshop, select Help>System Info... be sure to remove the line with your partial serial # listed in the system info data)

• 21. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                  miksjo Level 1

Hi!

A link for video;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmvbdsnd8cu7ihy/Photoshop%26ACR.zip

Modellnamn:     Mac Pro

Modellidentifierare:     MacPro3,1

Processornamn:     Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processorhastighet:     2,8 GHz

Antal processorer:     2

Totalt antal kärnor:     8

L2-cache (per processor):     12 MB

Minne:     24 GB

Busshastighet:     1,6 GHz

Boot ROM-version:     MP31.006C.B05

SMC-version (system):     1.25f4

Adobe Photoshop version: 13.0.6 (13.0.6 20131025.r.54 2013/10/25:21:00:00) x64

Operativsystem: Mac OS 10.7.5

Systemarkitektur: Intel Datorfamilj:6, Modell:23, Version:6 med MMX, SSE-heltal, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1

Antal fysiska processorer: 8

Processorhastighet: 2800 MHz

Inbyggt minne: 24576 MB

Ledigt minne: 18375 MB

Minne tillgängligt för Photoshop: 23344 MB

Minne som används av Photoshop: 80 %

Plattstorlek för bild: 1024K

Bildcache-nivåer: 4

OpenGL: Aktiverad.

Ritningsläge för OpenGL: Grundläggande

Tillåt normalt OpenGL-läge: Sant.

Tillåt avancerat OpenGL-läge: Sant.

Tillåt gamla GPU-verktyg för OpenGL: Ej upptäckt.

OpenCL Otillgänglig

OpenGL-version: 2.1

Storlek på rektangulär textur för video: 8192

OpenGL-minne: 245 MB

Grafikkortsleverantör: ATI Technologies Inc.

Grafikkortsrenderare: ATI Radeon HD 2600 OpenGL Engine

Visa: 1

Primär bildskärm

Visa djup: 32

Visa gränser: överst= 0 till vänster= 0, nederst= 1200 till höger= 1920

Grafikåtergivnings-ID: 16914946

Grafikkortsminne: 256 MB

Serienummer:

Programmapp: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/

Photoshops virtuella minne har asynkron I/O aktiverad

Volym(er) för virtuellt minne:

SSD HD, 237,7G, 101,7G fritt

Mappen Nödvändiga plugin-program: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/Required/

Primär mapp för plug-ins: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Plug-ins/

Mappen Extra plug-ins: inte angivet

19 nov 2013 kl. 21:59 skrev Jeffrey Tranberry:

Re: Exposure slider jumps back

created by Jeffrey Tranberry in Adobe Camera Raw - View the full discussion

A few things that might be useful for us to try and reproduce it:

1. A video demostrating the behavior (post to Dropbox or YouTube)

2. The device model and driver #

3. Your Photoshop system info. (in Photoshop, select Help>System Info... be sure to remove the line with your partial serial # listed in the system info data)

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5856012#5856012

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5856012#5856012

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5856012#5856012. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Adobe Camera Raw at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 22. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                    momo55 Level 1

miksjo, thanks for setting this up for Jeffrey...plain to see the problem...

as noted above, the exposure slider jumps to whole values even when using the magnifyer to enlarge or reduce image size, etc...something's broken...

I'm on a macbook pro, it's a 4,1 model, intel core duo, 2.4ghz...and like i noted above, 10.8.5...

• 23. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                      Help1965 Level 1

Thank you from me to

I m on a mac desk top 8 core  CS6  10.6.8 and verious camera raw versions meanwhile

Its enough to click on the camera raw window for the slider to jump back

Regards

• 24. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                        st1w

Same Problem here.

My System is a brand new MBPr 15' with Mavericks. Installed CC from scratch.

When changing the exposure value, the number field gets in focus (means got a blue outline). If now the focus is changing ( by clicking anywhere else ) the value, the slider and the actual exposure of the image snaps to the next full number.

A temporal workaround for this is to ajust the exposure by draging on the histgram.

Hope this will be fixed soon...

Stefan

• 25. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                          Help1965 Level 1

I hope too that it will be fixed soon

Mine isn t working since three weeks now.

To Sefan how do you drag the histagram ?

Is there a key i ve to press .

I can not move anything  If i go with my mouse in the histagram .

Andreas

• 26. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                            st1w Level 1

Hi Andreas,

Hmm, clicking and draging in the histogram only works in CC, not in CS6. Sorry, I didn' t realize this until now.

• 27. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                              enricovrd

I've the same problems. I use CS6, Mac and by 2 weeks Mavericks Os.

I'm preatty sure before install Mavericks everything worked well.

• 28. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                Help1965 Level 1

Hi Jeffrey

afther  miksjo sent you what you wanted ,

have you found the bug ?

Any solution ?

My only choice now is to use my macbook 13 inch with CS5 and camera raw 6.7 to use camera raw .

Which is a pain .

Or to just forget adobe and buy another raw converter .

Regards

• 29. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                  Basement127

Hmm...same happened to me just a minute ago.

Using the new ACR beta though. But it worked fine for a few weeks.

I'm still on OSX 10.6.8. Mac Pro 2x2.8 Ghz Quad Core and Photoshop CS6.

/R

• 30. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                    Help1965 Level 1

I m on OSX 10.6.8. Mac Pro 8 Core and Photoshop CS6.

And it happend to me on camera raw 7 and 8 and beta version

• 31. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                      Basement127 Level 1

It happened to me on ACR 7 as well, but for some reason it just went away. Not sure what I did, but haven't seen it until now. Extremely frustrating because I was finally able to open my D610 files with the beta. And now ACR is useless

• 32. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                        Chambertin

The very same problem with the exposure slider jumping back showed up on my computer yesterday. ACR also tells me it can't load the lens profilees. Running Photoshop 13.0.6/ACR 8.2.0.94 on a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.8.5

• 33. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                          FotografandoIT

I have the same problem and it's very annoying.

I can solve it by closing photoshop and reopen it but this doesn't work all the times and it continously repeat more times a days...

It's difficult working with this problem...

I work on IMac - Os X 10.8.5

• 34. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                            SvenD

I have the same problem, using iMac and MacBook Pro, both with OSX 10.9. Problem occurs with PS CC ACR 8.2 and also with ACR 8.3 release candidate.

• 35. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                              Peneuseeland01

Ich habe das selbe Problem beschrieben und bekam diese Antwort per Mail

Hat bisher nicht wirklich geholfen......

There has been a discussion of this in the Camera Raw forum that you might want to follow:

Bei mir begann das Problem nachdem ich eine Softwaraktualisierung ( OSX 10.8.5 ) durchgeführt habe.

Darin stand u. a. die Verbesserung der Kompatibilität bei Raw Dateien....

Message was edited by: Peneuseeland01

• 36. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                                Help1965 Level 1

I am still on 10.6.8 and i have the problem .

Yesterday it worked for a day , but after a switch off /on the problem is here again.

While it was working for a day it started to get strange again . i.g. after i develpoed a photo it did not have the little round develop sign in Bridge .

Apart from the exposure slider jumping its the same thing with the radius slider and despite it shows me the corret lens it says that it can t find the lens profile .

I wonder if there is a conection with adobe being hacked ?

And why still no solution ?

• 37. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                                  donvalkone

I have the same problem.

Photoshop CS6, Camera Raw 8.2.0.94 and OSX 10.9

Exposure slider returns.

• 38. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                                    NikkeSixx

Same here.

Photoshop CS6, Camera Raw 8.2.0.94 and OSX 10.8.5

Slider returns.

Going mad.

• 39. Re: Exposure slider jumps back
                                                                                      ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Running the AdobePatchInstaller.exe on Windows starts up something with a window title of Adobe Application Manager, so I think the described situation is consistent with installing ACR 8.3 RC as well.

1 2 3 Previous Next