3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 11:51 AM by Vinay Dwivedi

Files to timeline

mike007

Sorry for asking such a dumb question and this is my first atempent to use Premiere Pro CC.

I watch a Adobe TV video showing how you just drag a video file from the project panel into the timeline and for what ever reason, it is not working.

I am on a Mac using the new update for PP CC as of yesterday and the files are .mov files. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

• 1. Re: Files to timeline
          Vinay Dwivedi Adobe Employee

Hi mike007,

It seems that you have not created a timeline. So, please right click on the file in project panel and select "new sequence from clip" .

Regards,

Vinay

• 2. Re: Files to timeline
            mike007 Level 1

Thank you very much Vinay :-)

I was guessing it was something simple like that and that did fix the problem. If the timeline is already in place when you import the files into project, then why should you have to do this?

Thanks,

Mike

• 3. Re: Files to timeline
              Vinay Dwivedi Adobe Employee

Hi Mike,

in Premiere pro CC you do not get option of choosing sequence settings by default. In CS6 this option was enabled by default so as you create a new project in CC, there is no sequence setting window for you to choose the settings. So, once you import the clip and create a sequence this way, Premiere pro CC interprets and try to crete a sequence according to the clip so as to match the settings. If you know or want to change the sequence settings you can go to File>new>sequence and create a custom sequence.

Regards,

Vinay