7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2013 11:47 AM by bcburnside

Javascript

bcburnside

When I use this script in a calculated field in Acrobat  If the condition is met it works but every over field that enter brings up the message. How do I fix this?

var TempRow1_2 = this.getField("TempRow1_2").value; if( TempRow1_2 > 41) {

; app.alert("Temp Out of Safe Range Corrective Action Required",1); }
        • 1. Re: Javascript
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Why are you using this as a calculation script, then? It should be a validation script of TempRow1_2 ... Just use event.value instead of getField().value ...

• 2. Re: Javascript
            bcburnside Level 1

First attempt and I adapted a script I found online.

• 3. Re: Javascript
              bcburnside Level 1

I changed it to the following in the Calculation tab. I can not use Validation tab because I do not want the information changed in the field. I just want the message to pop up. The trouble is once the message is triggered it comes up every time you enter another field. How do I stop this from happening.

event.value = this.getField("TempRow2_2").value;

if( event.value > 41) {

; app.alert("Temp Out of Safe Range Corrective Action Required",1);

}

• 4. Re: Javascript
                try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

What exactly are you trying to achieve here?

• 5. Re: Javascript
                  bcburnside Level 1

I am having them key a temmperture in the field that they have taken with a thermometer. If the temp they have taken is to high or to low depending on the criteria then the message popes up reminding them they need to key a Corrective Action in a nother part of the form.Temp.JPG

• 6. Re: Javascript
                    Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

When EXACTLY do you want a popup to appear? You need to define the rules to stop the popup coming when it isn't wanted.

Once it has appeared what do you want to do (e.g. force a change, leave the value as entered...)

• 7. Re: Javascript
                      bcburnside Level 1

1.The popup would appear after they leave the temp field.

2.It would leave the value as entered with no further action. It's just a reminder to fill in the Corrective Action field.