5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 9:20 PM by A.T. Romano

I'm stuck in the monitor panel.

valleysend

I want to add to my movie, but cant get out of the monitor panel. How do I get back to the time line so I can add more to the movie?

• 1. Re: I'm stuck in the monitor panel.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

valleysend

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you working with one monitor system? Have you been moving workspace panels around?

What workspace are you in

Premiere Elements 12....Quick, Expert, Quided Quick, Quided Expert

Premiere Elements 11...Quick or Expert

Premiere Elements earlier than 11, Timeline or Sceneline

What were you doing last before you realized you could not import additional source media?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATr

• 2. Re: I'm stuck in the monitor panel.
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

First, a few questions please:

What version of PrE?

What version and OS are you on?

What View Mode, such as Expert (later versions of PrE), Sceneline (earlier versions of PrE), etc., have you chosen?

Do your Imported Assets (Videos, Stills, Music, etc.) show in the Project Panel?

Have you closed the Timeline Panel? If so, does Reset Workspace change things?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more please,

Hunt

• 3. Re: I'm stuck in the monitor panel.
              valleysend Level 1

Hi, in answer to your questions

. We have elements 7 and are using a HP laptop. I shut down the computer and then realised that I had not shut down Elements first. I canceled shutdown and went back and shut the programme. When I later returned to elements , I found that I could not get out of the monitor panel.

Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:38:17 -0700

To: kev.saball@hotmail.com

Subject: I'm stuck in the monitor panel. 

Re: I'm stuck in the monitor panel. created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

valleysend

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you working with one monitor system? Have you been moving workspace panels around?

What workspace are you in

Premiere Elements 12....Quick, Expert, Quided Quick, Quided Expert

Premiere Elements 11...Quick or Expert

Premiere Elements earlier than 11, Timeline or Sceneline

What were you doing last before you realized you could not import additional source media?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATr

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5807974#5807974

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5807974#5807974

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5807974#5807974. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 4. Re: I'm stuck in the monitor panel.
                valleysend Level 1

Hi.  I have an older version of Elements. I have Premiere Elements 7. I was using timeline. Everything was fine until I started to shut down the computer and realised that Elements was still going. I canceled the shutdown and then shut Elements. It's only when I went back in to continue working later that I have found the problem. I will try reset.

Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:38:25 -0700

To: kev.saball@hotmail.com

Subject: I'm stuck in the monitor panel.

Re: I'm stuck in the monitor panel. created by Bill Hunt in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Welcome to the forum.

First, a few questions please:

What version of PrE?

What version and OS are you on?

What View Mode, such as Expert (later versions of PrE), Sceneline (earlier versions of PrE), etc., have you chosen?

Do your Imported Assets (Videos, Stills, Music, etc.) show in the Project Panel?

Have you closed the Timeline Panel? If so, does Reset Workspace change things?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more please,

Hunt

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5807975#5807975

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5807975#5807975

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5807975#5807975. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

• 5. Re: I'm stuck in the monitor panel.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

valleysend

Here is the plan.

Shutdown your computer.

Restart it.

Right click the Taskbar at the bottom of the window. Select Task Manager and then Processes Tab. Scroll through the list of Processes. If you see anything that looks like "Adobe Premie...", right click it and select End Process. Then try to reopen Premiere Elements 7 and see the result. Is the problem solved?

If not, then we are going to delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. It would help to know what the computer operating system you are running Premiere Elements 7 on, but for now I will guess at Windows 7 64 bit. If that is correct, the path to the Prefs file is

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 7.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path.

If that does not work, the delete that whole 7.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

We will be watching for your results.

Thanks.

ATR