Intel Core i7-3612QM (quad core)

8GB RAM

1 TB 5400 RPM Hard Drive

Intel HD 4000 Graphics

Again, thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Lenovo G700
          A.T. Romano Level 7

mrfilmeffects

I have a Lenovo G580 laptop, Windows 8.1 64 bit, and my Premiere Elements 11 runs very well on it.

I cannot say the same for Premiere Elements 12 on that computer. The version 12 closing is extremely slow as is File Menu/New/Project opening. Everything else seems to be OK.

Try out the touch pad. I prefer the mouse for the G580.

ATR

• 2. Re: Lenovo G700
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Your previous laptop qustion has lots of good advice http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1311052

Where you said "I am going to be editing only AVCHD video" so the answers are the same about the laptop you need... a single, 5400rpm hard drive, will lead to unhappy editing

• 3. Re: Lenovo G700
              the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree with John T. concerning a single 5400 RPM HDD, though it is adequately sized. The speed will be a bottleneck for playback, as will as single physical HDD.

The Intel graphics has the disadvantage of slow development and release of video drivers.

With that CPU, it should work OK, but I would at least go for a 7200 RPM HDD (two would be better). Maybe Intel will get on the wagon with driver release and development, but as most of their GPU's are geared for general computing, and not higher-demand graphics, I doubt it. They develop for the mass market, not the niche market of video and image editing.

Also, with a 64-bit OS, if possible, I would bump up the RAM to 16GB. The 8GB is much better than the normal 4GB (about the minimum to run the OS, and some minor programs), but 16GB will be much better.

Just my personal thoughts on a video-editing laptop.

Good luck,

Hunt