4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2013 2:38 AM by Mylenium

Enlarge text bounding box

Norma3n Level 1

I can't find an answer on Google or Element 3d forums.

I've added Element 3d to some text and now when I try to animate either with the camera or Element the text goes beyond the box perimiter.

I'm sure this is a real newbie question but how do I make the box larger?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Enlarge text bounding box
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

If you have questions about using Video Copilot's Element 3D, then I recommend asking Video Copilot.

• 2. Re: Enlarge text bounding box
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You will have to explain much better what you actualyl do before we even can begin to advise. And yeah, screenshots help a lot...

Mylenium

• 3. Re: Enlarge text bounding box
              Norma3n Level 1

Ok, sorry I'm a newbie.

Some "text" then added the Elements 3D plug-in. Looks good but if I animate the text and rotate it in any way it enlarges out of the bounding box due to perspective. It get's bigger when I swing it towards me.

The bounding box is tight on the text, how do I give the text some breathing room so it can swing on a X or Y axis and still shine and stay in the box or better get rid of the box?

• 4. Re: Enlarge text bounding box
                Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

That bounding box is your layer bounding box. Element 3D is just an effect that uses the layer bounds to draw its content in its own universe - an inherent limtation in all 3D in AE. Only using a larger layer that matches the comp size will yield proper behavior and you would do that by applying Element to a solid and referencing the text layer in the Paths section of the effects controls...

Mylenium