Close. Here what we are supposed to do from the lesson from class. Taking intermediate Dreamweaver CS6.
What we need to do now is go through the links one at a time, selecting the anchor tags and then modifying the template so that the class attribute is editable for each anchor tag. Is your head spinning yet? Don't panic—this is easy.
Let's do it:
- In your template's Document window, select the word Home on the navbar.
- On the Tag Selector at the bottom of the Document window, click the <a> tag to select it.
- Select Modify > Templates > Make Attribute Editable from the menu bar. This opens the Editable Tag Attributes dialog box, shown here:
There's only one problem—the attribute listed in the Attribute field isn't the one we want. The dialog box defaults to whatever attribute the tag currently has, and the only attribute in place right now is the href one. We want the class attribute, so we need to add it to the menu. We do that by clicking the Add button.
- Click the Add button to the right of the Attribute field to bring up another small dialog box.
- Type class into the field provided, as shown here:
- Now click OK to return to the original dialog box and finish our modifications.
- In the Label field, enter Home_link.
- Leave the Type field set to Text.
- Leave the Default field empty, and click OK.
Above are the instructions for the lesson. I tried what you suggested but I stil cannot type in the pop up box
This is the code I have so far:
<li><a href="#">Discovery of Hypertext</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Creation of the Web</a></li>
The way I am reading the lesson is I am supposed to be adding a class attribute. Still fairly new to all this. Truely do appreciate your time to assist me.
I can't reproduce your problem at my end. When things don't work the way they should, it's sometimes a bad Cache or Personal Configuration file.
See Deleting Corrupted Cache in DW