1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2013 12:47 PM by Steve Grisetti

Ques: mac user, Image format, dot

naturedetective

In my video there are two different formats in terms of the dimensions of the image.  One is rectangular and the other more square.  In one case, it is because I zoomed in  using the editing program. In the other case, it is because I used footage shot by someone else.  Is there anyway this can be made uniform?  I also noticed a dot that stays on the screen throughout one of my interviews, which is not on my monitor,  is there anything I can do to remove this dot? 

How do I get the premiere elements symbol to stay in my doc so that I don't have to open it each time by going to the folder?  I somehow lost it?

I have tried moving the backslash on this line of type next to the g  http://www.pnhpnymetro.org  / before burning a DVD and it appears to be fine.  When I burn the DVD and view it afterwards, it is in the same place as if I hadn't fixed it. Should I remove it or just keep trying?

Last question,  is it okay to delete files from previously worked on editing sessions since I am only using the one with final in the name of the project?

file://localhost/Users/Barb/Documents/Adobe/Premiere%20Elements/11.0/Adobe%20Premiere%20El ements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20A uto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Speaking%20Out%20for%20Healthcare%20for%2 0Everyone%20Final-5-1.prel

file://localhost/Users/Barb/Documents/Adobe/Premiere%20Elements/11.0/Adobe%20Premiere%20El ements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20A uto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Speaking%20Out%20for%20Healthcare%20for%2 0Everyone%20Final-5-2.prel

file://localhost/Users/Barb/Documents/Adobe/Premiere%20Elements/11.0/Adobe%20Premiere%20El ements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20A uto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Speaking%20Out%20for%20Healthcare%20for%2 0Everyone%20Final-5-3.prel

file://localhost/Users/Barb/Documents/Adobe/Premiere%20Elements/11.0/Adobe%20Premiere%20El ements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20A uto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Speaking%20Out%20for%20Healthcare%20for%2 0Everyone%20Final-5-4.prel

file://localhost/Users/Barb/Documents/Adobe/Premiere%20Elements/11.0/Adobe%20Premiere%20El ements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20A uto-Save/Adobe%20Premiere%20Elements%20Auto-Save/Speaking%20Out%20for%20Healthcare%20for%2 0Everyone%20Final-5-5.log

Thank you so much.

barb

• 1. Re: Ques: mac user, Image format, dot
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, you may delete previously worked on projects once you are finished. Once you've output your finished file, there is no need to keep the old source files.

As for recently edited projects, they will appear as a list under both the File/Open menu within Premiere Elements and on the Welcome Screen under Existing Projects.

As for your first question, it's difficult to say without knowing the specs of your videos. What models of camcorders did these videos come from and what format and resolution are they?

If you don't know these specs, you'll need to open the video files in a program like Media Info, which will list the resolution, format and audio and video codecs.

If these are photos you are working with, please provide us the dimensions of the photos, measured in pixels.

Premiere Elements 11 should set up its project setttings automatically, based on the first video you place on the timeline. Look under the Edit menu and check what Project Settings the program is using. (Photos do not affect the project settings so, if the first clip on yoru timeline is a photo, you must choose your project setttings manually.)

Once we know more of the specifics about your video files and your project settings, we'll be able to give you more specific answers.