4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 4, 2013 12:18 PM by D Fosse RSS

Farbraum in Lightroom 5

Momo13

Ich habe von Lightroom 3 auf 5 upgedatet. Seit dem sind mir Farbunterschiede zwischen Entwickeln und Biliothek bei Bildern mit großem Farbumfang aufgefallen. Welche Farbräume werden in den beiden Modi verwendet?

• 1. Re: Farbraum in Lightroom 5
          D Fosse Community Member

Develop uses linear ProPhoto (ProPhoto primaries, but gamma 1.0). Library uses Adobe RGB jpegs.

If you can see any difference between them, that's normally an indication of a problem with the monitor profile.

A wide gamut monitor does extend very slightly beyond Adobe RGB in some colors, and so could be able to show a small difference in gamut between those two. But it would be more theoretical than practical. I'd go after the monitor profile as prime suspect.

With a standard gamut monitor, there's no way you should see any difference.

• 2. Re: Farbraum in Lightroom 5
            Momo13 Community Member

Thanks for your Answer twenty_one. The Monitor (ASUS P246q) is a wide gamut display and I use the ICC profile from ASUS. I see only a difference on pictures with extended colors. So, if I understand you right, that's normal.

How does it work in Lightroom 3? There, I never saw a difference between Develop and Library.

• 3. Re: Farbraum in Lightroom 5
              D Fosse Community Member

Momo13 wrote:

The Monitor (ASUS P246q) is a wide gamut display and I use the ICC profile from ASUS

Manufacturer-supplied monitor profiles are notoriously inaccurate and outright defective. They simply cannot be trusted. Do yourself a favor and buy a good calibrator, and this problem should go away. Yes, it's an added expense, but once you've made the (small) investment you'll never look back.

Good candidates are x-rite i1 Display Pro, ColorMunki Display, or Spyder 4 Elite or Pro (the Spyder 4 Express uses the same sensor, but the software is too limited to be useful).

• 4. Re: Farbraum in Lightroom 5
                D Fosse Community Member

Just in case you misunderstood what I wrote...

If you can see any difference between them, that's normally an indication of a problem with the monitor profile.

...let me rephrase that:

If you can see any difference between them, that's an indication of a problem with the monitor profile.