2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2013 11:50 AM by pbarkas

Using Text in Premier Elements

pbarkas Level 1

I am using a trial version of Premier Elements to see if I want to buy it.  I really want to create slide show with captions and sounds.  Premier seemed like something I should look into, and there are sound affects, etc.  However, I don't see a way to type text as in a caption on a picture. 

I may be better served with a slide show presentation but each one is missing something important, which is what led me to Premier Elements.  I don't want to make movies.  I just want to string photos together in a cohesive presentation with text and music or sound affects.

Thank you,

Pam Barkas

• 1. Re: Using Text in Premier Elements
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, remember that Premiere Elements is a video editor. So it will create slideshows for DVD or BluRay -- but at video resolution (720x480 and 1920x1080 pixels, respectively). So if you're looking for high-quality, high-resolution software for creating slideshows, you might be better off looking into a program like Pro Show Gold.

But if you are trying to create videos with still photos in them, Premiere Elements can certainly do it. And you can certainly add titles or captions to each photo simply by selecting a title template from the Titles & Text panel.

A companion program called the Organizer is also included with Premiere Elements, and it includes a dedicated Slideshow Creator (under its Create menu) which lets you add captions to your slides one photo at a time, arrange your slide order, add transitions and pan & zooms between slides and add narration and music.

• 2. Re: Using Text in Premier Elements
            pbarkas Level 1

Thank you very much for your prompt response and advice,

Regards,

Pam Barkas