2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2013 6:26 AM by BKKDon

How many downloads/buys of Photoshop are there?

tiffani_buchanan

I am doing my Senior Project on efects of Photoshop. I want to start my paper with how many downloads or buys of Photoshop there have been. I searched everywhere but couldn't find the info. If you dont know thats okay. Its just something that I'm hoping for.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

• 1. Re: How many downloads/buys of Photoshop are there?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Given the headlines lately that hackers stole 150,000,000 encrypted account of which only 38,000,000 are active being that Photoshop is one of Adobe main products if not their main product. I would think 38,000,000 would be a good number.  Today even to try Photoshop you need at least a free Adobe account.

I do not think Adobe would give you the current number. So go with 38,000,000 its big its round....

• 2. Re: How many downloads/buys of Photoshop are there?
            BKKDon Level 4

tiffani_buchanan wrote:

I am doing my Senior Project on efects of Photoshop. I want to start my paper with how many downloads or buys of Photoshop there have been. I searched everywhere but couldn't find the info. If you dont know thats okay. Its just something that I'm hoping for.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

There is this link to an Adobe Press Release in 2010 http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/201002/021810PS20Anniversary.html and there are also 2 contacts listed there that you may be able to contact to get some information. Maybe even NAPP could help.

About the center of the press release is this quote:

"Over its 20-year history, Photoshop has evolved significantly from a simple original display program to a wildly popular application that has over 10 million users worldwide."