• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Internal Update Server Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just set up an internal update server for Flash on a Windows server running IIS7 following the instructions in the admin guide. 

I had a Windows 7 64-bit client already running the latest version of Flash, so I uninstalled it and installed flash 11.7 last night. I also manually copied the mms.cfg file with auto update enabled and pointing to the server at server.domain.com.

There are the settinngs in the mms.cfg

AutoUpdateDisable=0

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

SilentAutoUpdateServerDomain=servernameofserverhostingadobeupdates.ourdomainname.com

I can open the path to the xml file through the browser from the client I want to update, so I know it does have web connectivity to the server.

The mms.cfg file seems to be working because the Flash settings in control panel has the allow Adobe to check for updates button selected and grayed out.

I waited overnight and nothing is happening.  No updates.  It is still on 11.7.

How long is this supposed to take?

How can I troubleshoot this to see what's going on with it?.  I see no errors anywhere, just nothing is happening.  I can't find logs that indicate that it is even "trying" to update from this server.  Where should this be?

Can I prompt it to immediately check for updates from our internal server and control how often it checks?  When I click te check updates button, it still opens a browser and sends me to the Adobe web site.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice there are often no replies to questions about problems with the internal update server.

Is there anyone here who has recently gotten this to work?

Are there common issues with the setup of an internal updates server that cause it to fail?

Is there some other place to get support for this other than this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone who can answer questions about the internal server not working?

This is very frustrating that questions are not answered.  We are going to have to scrap it due to no support.

The admin guide's instructions are not detailed and has no troubleshooting suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I stay away from deployment questions as I've never done one on a network. There are a couple employees with expertise in deployment, but there's no telling when they'll be in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines