6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 3:42 AM by VDOSurfer

Premeire Elements 12 slow to start?

Ian_tech

Re: Very slow package start up.

We have 6 licence's for premeire elements on site. However, sometimes they can take up to 6-7 minutes to start. (thats just the package, nothing else).

Although in my office I get a start up time of around 5-7 seconds usually.

Does the adobe try doing licence look-ups on every start up or do we have a different problem!,

and is there any way to get a faster opening for the elements package. ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Premeire Elements 12 slow to start?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Are you launching these computers on a network? If so, you should contact a manager at Adobe tech support directly. There are likely some special considerations.

Otherwise, what operating systems are you using on these computers? Are they fully updated, including the latest version Quicktime?

What processors are they running and how much RAM do they have?

• 2. Re: Premeire Elements 12 slow to start?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Ian_tech

With your Premiere Elements 12, I will be particularly interest in whether you are trying to run it on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. So looking forward to your answers to SG's questions in that regard.

But, I would ask these additional specific questions about the symptoms....

a. you cite slow startup

b. what about time that it takes the program to close after you have closed the program.

c. prolonged times to view new project dialog after you go the route File Menu/New/Project

In spite of the slow startups (6 to 7 minute...), after the program/project finally opens, is the performance related to import, editing, and export affected?

Looking forward to your answers to SG's questions. Then for mine if you have time when your discussions with him are concluded.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premeire Elements 12 slow to start?
              Ian_tech Level 1

yes, they are on a network.

The same box will stat up okay in our IT support office but will be slow to start in the class room. I already know they work and start up okay. So the dependents (quicktime etc), 2G Ram, cpu spec etc are not the problem (for just opening the package up to start off with).

I had to use a different (direct online feed) internet connection to get them registered, As I believe our (smoothwall) firewall or cisco switches didn't let our adobe premiere licence attempt contact adobe for the authentication.

which was, why I was wondering if the package tries to contact adobe everytime and if specific ports need to be opened etc.

Thank you for looking at this one steve.

• 4. Re: Premeire Elements 12 slow to start?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Again, we recommend you contact a manager at Adobe Tech Support. There are some unique needs when your computers are set up on a network.

• 5. Re: Premeire Elements 12 slow to start?
                  Ian_tech Level 1

Hi, Adobe support passed me on, I am waiting for the Adobe people to get back (2-3 business days). will post on.

• 6. Re: Premeire Elements 12 slow to start?
                    VDOSurfer Level 3

There is a solution that has worked for folks at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1286200

See if it helps for the computer on site.