2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 3:58 AM by VDOSurfer

After rendering the video is blurry and pixelated.

cwrardin

I have 70 + hours invested in this edit.  I recently rendered it for the first time and it became blurry and pixellated.  I published it to see if it would come out clear but it did not.  I found the tab for deteting rendered files and this seemed to help a little.  I published that one and it was a little less blurry but still poor quality.  How can I get the video back to the pre-render quality.  I am using Powerpoint slides saved as jpegs.  I did this in another video and the finished video was super clear, however, now after I rendered this one I am unable to get that same quality.

• 1. Re: After rendering the video is blurry and pixelated.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cwrardin

You need to supply more details than you have in order to get to the core of the issue.

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running? What do your computer resources look like, installed and available RAM, total and free hard drive space, location and free space for the Scratch Disks?

What are the properties of the source media that you are putting on the Timeline?

Based on the properties of your source media, what is the project preset that you or the program are setting in the new project dialog?

Video (video audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension, duration, PAL vs NTSC, camera source, etc.)

Photos (how many, what format, what pixel dimensions)

What is your export choice and settings?

Let us start here and then we can decide the troubleshooting strategy.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: After rendering the video is blurry and pixelated.
            VDOSurfer Level 3

Rendering does not alter the exported file quality in any way. Rendering is ONLY for use during editing. The rendered video is not used at all when you do a Publish/Share. What render does is to create a single video of the contents of your timeline, thus allows for easy playback during editing. That file thus generated can be configured for a high or low quality (Edit -> Preferences -> General tab, last option "Timeline render quality...")

What matters during export is what ATR mentions,

1. the source file

2. the project settings

3. the export presets

So if you want a higher quality output, we need answers to what has been requested.