5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2013 12:42 PM by A.T. Romano

Timing of Text

AZ Aurora Level 1

When adding text to an image it continues to show up in the next image, how do I change the timing or length of the text so that it stay just on the image that i added it to? Thanks

• 1. Re: Timing of Text
          A.T. Romano Level 7

AuroraAz

Is this thread question part of the same title question that you just presented

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1328119?tstart=0

If so, best to stick with one thread of the other. A moderator may make that decision later when he sees the two.

But for now, let me ask...does this question also relate to the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Sceneline workspace?

Why did you ever switch from Timeline to Sceneline? But, be that as it may, I will be back to answer this question in a short time.

ATR

• 2. Re: Timing of Text
            A.T. Romano Level 7

AuroraAz

I am not a Sceneline workspace oriented person, but here is my take on what you seek.

Do your adjustment for scene and title durations at the level of the horizontal blue bar under the monitor in Sceneline.

9 and titles.JPG

Note that I have the first scene selected and its file is shown above in the blue bar (CIMG230.JPG).

Notice the gray tabs at the beginning and end (bottom left, bottom right) and the timecode 00;00;00;00 underneath the blue bar  (left corner).

Move the gray tabs according to increase the duration of the clip. For the first one, just move the right gray clip in to decrease and out to increase the duration of the clip that is selected and showing in the blue bar.

Once you created a title, it will also be found in that bar area as a purple bar when you click the title on screen. Same idea of increasing decreasing duration with those gray tabs.

Scenelinetitle.JPG

What the lines in the blue bar, showing the lines where on scene cuts off and another begins.

You can also delete the title by right clicking the purple Title and selecting Delete.

Remember that Edit Menu/Preferences/General and Still Image Default Duration there set the duration for your stills as well as titles.

Please review and then let me know if the details need to be fine tuned.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Stick with the TImeline workspace. You will be better able to see what is going on and therefore have more control.

• 3. Re: Timing of Text
              AZ Aurora Level 1

Okay sorry if I confused the issue by posting twice, I just thought that perhaps I was not communicating my problem correctly.

Since this post being frustrated with my project I keep looking for the answer my self. I Googled an answer and could not find a solution.

So when all else failed I went back to the project and ALAS found my own answer!! It was right in front of me, dah! I was so consumed with adding the text, size, color, position, etc.etc. that I failed to see the solution right in front of me! When I go to the "add text" option I had failed to look at the purple slider bar that showed me the EXACT timing of the text and how I could change that! Voila I no longer have my problem.

Thanks for helping me to "see the light" and for all of your past help.

• 4. Re: Timing of Text
                AZ Aurora Level 1

Sorry, ATR we must have been typing at the same time, I see your answer is exactly what I found out, thanks for your help.

In any event I now have the solution. Hope that it might help someone else it they run into this problem.

• 5. Re: Timing of Text
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

AuroraAz

Thanks for the follow up.

I was just about to post an Add On to my Add On about using the Timeline in certain instances to help you out of a Sceneline situation.

But, you did great. Congratulation on your good work resolving the issue.

Appreciated the opportunity to help.

ATR