3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2013 11:02 PM by Steven L. Gotz

Premiere Pro CC and Logos in Titles

Tomovidpro

Hi Premiere Pro Group,

I'm test driving the new Creative Cloud version of Premiere Pro and have run across an issue I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

I'm trying to add a graphic (formerly, logo) within titler that has an alpha channel.  However, this version of Premiere Pro is not interpeting the alpha/transparency.  Is there a step or trick that I'm missing?

Just so I wasn't missing something, I made a gradiated to alpha quick graphic within Photoshop to see what it would display within the titler.  It only displayed the "solid" color in the titler, the transparency did not show.

I tried different formats (PNG, TGA, etc), still without success. 

Could this be a possible bug in the new version? 

Same graphic that I'm having difficulties bringing into titler keys OK with the transparencies/alpha if I bring it into the timeline as a seperate element on its own video track... so I know the graphic has a proper alpha.

Any and all help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

TM
      Thomas E Morales

Broadcast Specialst

California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CC and Logos in Titles
          Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Tom,

If you want to email me a sample of what you are having troubles with, I will give it a try and see if I can help. Just send the email from a link on my web site at http://www.stevengotz.com

Edit: Nevermind. I remember that problem now.

Just key it out separately as you have already done. Put it on its own sequence and you can key it out and then use the sequence like a clip.

• 2. Re: Premiere Pro CC and Logos in Titles
            Jim_Simon Level 8

Tried it here with a PNG and it worked fine.

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro CC and Logos in Titles
              Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Jim,

He sent me the png and it doesn't work right in the titler but it works fine as a separate item on a track in the sequence.

I have been able to replicate the same issue by creating a Photoshop file. I typed the letter "e" and made it take up most of the frame. I then added a drop shadow.

Since the drop shadow is semi-transparent, it does not show up when the graphic is placed into the titler.

I vaguely remember it always being that way, but I can't be certain.

This is what the image looks like in Photoshop:

Capture.PNG

This is what it looks like on a track in Premiere Pro with a white layer behind it. As you would expect.

Capture.PNG

This is what it looks like inserted into the titler:

Capture.PNG

The part that was partially transparent is completely gone.

As I said, I remember it being this way but I don't remember if it was ever addressed. This has nothing to do with any format in particular. I used a Photoshop PSD file instead of a PNG so I know it has the necessary features to accomplish this task.

You were here in the forums the whole time I was gone. Do you remember anything about this?