1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 24, 2007 2:59 PM by Newsgroup_User

Need help with SWF page transitions please :)

Kevin_808 Level 1
      I am having an issue recreating something I have seen on other flash sites... (For example on 2Advanced.com) It is hard to explain but I will do my best. I am advanced in design, layout, tweening, and am a beginner to intermediate action scripter. So even if your solution is a point in the right direction to some code I could pick up and noodle around with that would be great.

That having been said, on to the issue, it's a 2 parter:

Part 1:
      I have a Master FLA (or SWF) containing navigation that loads secondary SWF pages into movie clip containers for the 5 additional pages of the site. These load above the Master movie clip masking it (Navigation floats above) so the loaded pages are sandwiched in between.

View page in it's current state here: http://sky.prohosting.com/tk421808/rwip/gallery_MAIN.html

This works ok right now, but I have the SWFs replacing one another in one single movie clip container. What I would like to do is similar to shuffling 5 cards... if you want the 4th card down you pull it out, it goes to the top and slides over the last visible card on top. So I would like the first page clicked to slide in covering the master MC, the second page clicked, to slide in covering that one, and so on and so forth. This would be easy if the pages were linear, then I could just stack the movie clips, but since the user will click out of order I need a way to load one into MC_2 (on top), Then when another is clicked have the MC_2 SWF move down a level (Swap MC?) to allow the second to slide in above, and then delete the movie that has moved down into level one (Bottom) then have this repeat when another movie is clicked. This way it will look like the page you clicked is always sliding in over the one you are leaving.

Part 2:
      I have no idea how to do this next part but... I believe it involves a gotoAndPlay. I would like to have animation in the movie that is unloading after the button for the next page to load is clicked... in other words, you have loaded a page, you click on another link, and before the new external SWF page loads, the current performs a gotoAndPlay where I have animated some de-constructing swipes that remove the text, shapes holding the text, and the image. ONLY THEN does it start to load the movie for the link it selected. I think what I am trying to ask here is how does it carry the link through the unloading animation until it's done and then execute the loading of the new external SWF of the link they just clicked?

I pray this makes sense... If not I would be happy to explain further. :) Thanks in advance for any help!
        • 1. Re: Need help with SWF page transitions please :)
          Level 7
          >> I have no idea how to do this next part but... I believe it involves a
          gotoAndPlay. I would like to have animation in the movie that is unloading
          after the button for the next page to load is clicked... in other words,
          you
          have loaded a page, you click on another link, and before the new external
          SWF
          page loads, the current performs a gotoAndPlay where I have animated some
          deconstructing swipes that remove the text, shapes holding the text and them
          the image, and ONLY THEN does it start to load the movie for the link it
          selected. I think what I am trying to ask here is how does it carry the
          link
          through the animation until it's done and then execute the loading of the
          external SWF of the link they just clicked?
          <<

You don't use frames. I'd probably use Fuse for this - which is a sequencing
          engine. (www.mosessupposes.com) You can call a function when the sequence is
          done animating - using what's known as a callBack function. That'd be the
          best way, IMO.

For part one, you could either place mutliple empty movie clips, or just
          create them using createEmptyMovieClip - which is a MovieClip method, and
          then load your swfs into them with MovieClipLoader. You can use swapDepths
          for layer control, in order to have any given clip move above another, layer
          wise.

--
          Dave -
          Head Developer
          http://www.blurredistinction.com
          Adobe Community Expert
          http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/