7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 4:29 PM by Josh_Corey

Signature Field

terobo Level 1

Is there already a solution for a singnature field which can be integrated in the form? Maybe Echo Sign or any other third party tool. Should support iPhone, Android, Tablets and desktop.

thx

• 1. Re: Signature Field
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

You can look at Echo Sign as a signature solution however it is not integrated with FormCentral.  FormsCentral does not provide a way to include a signature field at this time.

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Signature Field
            terobo Level 1

Ok, thanks for your reply.

Do you know any third party solution. How could I include any third party solution? Think I did not see any HTML or other souce code field available in the form.

I would think that I am not the only one having that problem and there must be an answere.

thx again

• 3. Re: Signature Field

You can not incude a 3rd party solution with FormsCentral, it is not supported.  You certainly are not the only one, it is a popular feature request and is on our list, but there is no solution at this time. 

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: Signature Field
                Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

Just to add to Josh's answer. You can create a PDF form without a submit button using FormsCentral and then use this PDF with EchoSign but the data will not be collected via FormsCentral. You wil have to manage your data collection outside of FormsCentral.

Gen

• 5. Re: Signature Field

I had not included any such information since I took it from their post that they wanted to use our online forms, but it’s good info anyhow, thanks for adding;-)

• 6. Re: Signature Field
                    terobo Level 1

Let's make it less abstract.

I want to fill following form:

http://www.fahrgastrechte.info/fileadmin/PDF_tbne/FGR-barrierefrei12.pdf

but since that is a pain in the *** to print and fill out, I would like to have it in the most convenient way online.

My first thought was to take the fields and collect them in an convenient way with a form

http://www.bahn-erstattung.de/demo-adobe/

Afterwards I would take the input from the adobe backend and would implement the submitted info into the form.

If I understand correctly, you just tried to tell me, I could implement the signature field on the PDF but need to collect the submission data seperately.

Is that also possible with the form I created?

thx

thomas

• 7. Re: Signature Field

Hi;

Somehow I missed your response, I apologize.

The URL to your "form" (not the PDF) does not work for me to check it out.  Was that URL also to a PDF form or an HTML form?

Yes, you could implement a signature field on a PDF but you would want to collect that signed PDF using an alternative method to the FormsCentral submit since we don't support that field.  It might be possible to add a signature field to a PDF that submits data to FormsCentral and also include an "Email Submit button" to the PDF that attaches the PDF to an email sent to you so you also recieve the signed PDF form in addition to the rest of the data being collected in your FormsCentral account.

Thanks,

Josh