3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2013 1:50 PM by Josh_Corey

Copied Form retaining old column headings in results

OnlineDCTC

I have copied a previous form and then changed the text in the design view - when previewing and testing the form it displays current (updated) text.

When viewing the responses either in the table view or the summary view - it displays the old page headings over the data.

I am not sure why this is happening - ideas?

I can edit the response headings - but tedious when I have multiples of this form that I will be using.

• 1. Re: Copied Form retaining old column headings in results
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

This is currently a limitation in FormsCentral, others have requested that it be changed and maybe sometime in the future we'll address this.  Basically once a form has collected any responses the field labels and table headers are no longer "linked", so if you change one the other is not automatically changed.  I realize this is not the ideal behaviour and we are considering it for an enhancement.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Copied Form retaining old column headings in results
            OnlineDCTC Level 1

Not exactly what I meant.

I had a survey form for class A.  I made a copy of the survey form for class B.  In the survey form for class B I edited the text in the form.  When the form is viewed, tested or completed - it displays the updated text for class B. 

When I go to view the results either in the table spreadsheet view or the summary view it is still displaying the text from the survey for class A - even though not on the form at all.

So updating the form content in design - does not update the text in the response tables of a copied form?

• 3. Re: Copied Form retaining old column headings in results
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

I have to update my response as I confused myself on the current functionality...

The field label and column don't become "unlinked" by simply submitting responses, only if you change a column header does that unlink the two (but that unstickyness remains if you copy that field or duplicate the form). 

Had you renamed the column headers in the original form before duplicating it?

Thanks,

Josh

1 person found this helpful