3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2013 4:55 PM by A.T. Romano

Licence problem

Bisto

I removed my Premier elements 9 from my old XP using remove program in the control panel and tried to install it on my new Win 7 machine.

I am blocked by an error signel saying my two allowable licences are used and I have no more allowable.

Adobe is wrong but what can I do about it?

• 1. Re: Licence problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bisto

Before you uninstall Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 it is necessary in an opened project to Deactivate via Help Menu/Deactivate. Then close out of there and uninstall the program by the usual Control Panel route. Some times the uninstall dialogs will mention the deactivation requirement.

The purchased serial number is allowed on only two of your computers.

If you can go back and reinstall version 9, deactivate, uninstall fine. If not, Adobe Chat should be able to take care of this matter for you quickly and professionally

Click on the following link

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

which should be pre-set to Serial Number Issues, or Activating My Product. When the link opens, click on "I still need help." to bring up the Adobe Chat pop up.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Licence problem
            Bisto Level 1

Thank you ATR for the response. You know I expected to find some mention in the program about how to deactivate after all you would expect that. But there was nothing so I googled it and still found nothing on deactivation. So Iwent ahead and removed figuring that adobe had it figured out and the removal process would report to adobe. But alas software engineering never manages to get to user friendliness.

Your link has got the program working....thank you for that.

• 3. Re: Licence problem
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bisto

That was great news that your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 activation issue was resolved by Adobe Chat. Great group.

Thanks for following up on the troubleshooting.

Just an aside...in the newly released version, Premiere Elements 12, Adobe has added something new in this regard...the Help Menu/Deactivate that you have now in 9.0/9.0.1 is now Help Menu/Sign Out in version 12. That sort of came as a surprise for me. But, the two serve the same end...Deactivation.

Continued success.

ATR