1 person found this helpful
First, let me just say it's 'ColdFusion' (one word, vs. two)
If you're using Chrome, press F12 and check the Network tab, what HTTP status code comes back from the request? I'm intrigued to figure out how a web page analyzer knows a page is ColdFusion. Unless you can see the actual filetype in the URL, the data that is returned by the server usually doesn't indicate the application server language. It's one thing if the code is generating links to the CFIDE directory, but I'd be interested in knowing how this analyzer "knows".
Noted on the ColdFusion separation mistake :-)
The web anayalzer brought back files with the externsions .cfm, that does mean ColdFusion, correct? I haven't encountered anything in my PHP world like that.
F12 network 1 requests ❘ 177 B transferred ❘ 104 ms (load: 148 ms, DOMContentLoaded: 148 ms)
1 person found this helpful
Well, .cfm means the file is CFML. It's hard to explain, but think of ColdFusion as a Product that processes CFM/CFML. There are open source solutions out there like Blue Dragon and Railo which can process .cfm/.cfml files, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are using the Adobe ColdFusion product.
Let's say I called: http://localhost/mypage.cfm
On the NETWORK tab, you'll see a NAME column (probably says 'mypage.cfm') and a STATUS column. I would like to know the value returned in your STATUS column, to ensure it returned a 200 or 304 (cached) response. Anything in the 4xx or 5xx indicates an error.
As for the initial page load coming up for him but not you, there could be a myriad of reasons why. Obviously, you are operating in 2 different environments, but for an example, the server he's running off of could be requiring some form of authentication, and if not provided, aborts the request (white page or browser error page usually returned).
Knowing the status of your request will tell us if the server is replying to the request or encountering an error and preventing it from fulfilling the request.
Thanks for the small rundown on the ColdFusion product.
The reponse was a 200, it thinks the page loaded fine.
As far as two different environments? I cannot access it on my laptop either. A lot of the same environment variables exist on both, but I have never had anything quite like this out of any page.
Is this a public URL we could visit?
Offhand, I've had CF render white pages when the server-side connectors aren't setup quite right.
When the page comes back, if you do a right click in the blank area and click VIEW SOURCE, is there any content that is returned at all? Or is the content of the page empty as well?
There has never been any content shown in the source file, and I apologize I should have included that in my first post since these are things I would have already done.
Here's the URL http://www.winanssansupply.com/
The page comes up just fine for me. Looks like this might be an issue on your end.
Are you able to use another internet-connected device in your house and request the URL. You said you used FF, IE and Chrome on your computer and they never loaded, sans a 1-time cert warning. What type of network do you have that you are testing this on? Wireless? DSL/Cable?
Can you try running FF in safe mode or Chrome in Incognito to see if there perhaps is an extension you have installed that is interfereing with this request?
No extensions enabled has been tried. Other devices have been tried (laptop). I am on a Wireless Network/Cable.
Since I have never encountered this, it surely has me baffled.
Can you temporarily put your computer's IP address into your wireless router's DMZ and test again? This should hopefully put the PC "outside" the functionality or altercations that this network node may be having on the request. Definitely an odd issue.
I take it you've cleared your local cache files as well?
Don't want you to think I have abandoned this discussion. I am in another location working on something today. I will try the DMZ when I return to my regular work station.
I know it has been some time since I posted. It seems my daughter just couldn't fight the urge to have my grandson :-), and other various real life disasters.
Have no idea how to break this gridlock. It is becoming increasingly frustrating. I added to the DMZ, no joy. I connected to another network and no help. I added the site to all exceptions everywhere that I could think of (AV etc) and nothing. I have a laptop that is running a different OS but same other configurations, and it will not display it either.
I can view it fine from my phone, and I could go to another location to view it, but now I am on a mission to find the issue with this environment. I don't want to get in a situation in the future. Since I have never had this to happen for any site whatsoever (that I can remember) and I have had the same setup for about 8 years I am at a total loss.
It would behoove me to finish the mystery and post my results here. Someone in the future my benefit from the thread.