7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 5:24 AM by Muhammed Fayiz

Pixelate texts and images.

Muhammed Fayiz

Hi,

I am trying to make a infograhics for a mobile app using after effect cs4. While i am ading texts / images they are pixelated. How it make perfect? Any preference changes?

• 1. Re: Pixelate texts and images.
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You will have to explain better and provide screenshots and detailed info about your settings.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Pixelate texts and images.
            Muhammed Fayiz Level 1

Hi,

Here I attach a screen of what i get in the time of working.

problem.jpg

That phone image and texts are pixelated. How it slove?

The composition settings for this projects is

Preset : Web Video, 320x240

Pixel Aspect Ratio : Square Pixels

Resolution : Full.

• 3. Re: Pixelate texts and images.
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Screenshot does not show composition settings or give us any information about your graphics or timeline. It is extremely pixelated so, just guessing here, but I think that you are viewing your composition at a magnification ratio of over 100%.

Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 4.54.38 AM.png

This sample is just fine, it just looks pixelated because of the Magnification Ratio...

As a general rule your composition size should be at least the size of you final delivered project. A 320 X 240 video is extremely small, about half the size of your screenshot. My standard for all project is full HD 1920 X 1080 at a minimum. About 1/3 of my projects are twice that big. You can always easily render a smaller version, but it is never a good idea to just render a larger one.

Any graphics you add to a project should be at least the size you want them in the finished composition when viewed as a 2d layer at 100% scale. The graphic of the phone in your screenshot would need to be at least 1/4 the size of your composition.

• 4. Re: Pixelate texts and images.
                Muhammed Fayiz Level 1

Thanks for the replay. It's fine.

So what we do in the time of making info graphics for web?

• 5. Re: Pixelate texts and images.
                  Muhammed Fayiz Level 1

Or..

Is it better to use 1920 x 1080 for all projects?

• 6. Re: Pixelate texts and images.
                    Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

YouTube and Vimeo both deliver full HD content for free. I would consider that the minimum standard for creating video for the web. The screen resolution for just about any new mobile device is at least 1920 pixels wide. Same thing here, video for a mobile device should be at least HD.

I cannot think of a single reason to spend time on an video project that was only going to be 320 X 240 pixels unless I was building an animated gif and I have not been asked to create one of those in about 2 years.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Pixelate texts and images.
                      Muhammed Fayiz Level 1

Thanks for the replay. It's the first attempt after 3 year's.