4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2013 6:07 PM by DJ Gecko

AIR up for iPhone 5 displays "letter box" around app

DJ Gecko Level 1

Hi,

how can I fix this? I've got the right resolution: 640 x 1136. Resolution is set to High. But the app is showing the white stage on the sides, and a black letter box on the top and bottom. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: AIR up for iPhone 5 displays "letter box" around app
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

Please disclose more details about your project. Are you using the fullscreen parameter in XML? Which version of AIR? What are your StageAlign and StageScaleMode properties set to? Do you have any SWFs using a meta tag (e.g. [SWF()]) setting any width/height? Are you using Flash Pro (which version) or Flash Builder or something else?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: AIR up for iPhone 5 displays "letter box" around app
            DJ Gecko Level 1

Hi,

This is a students project, unfortunetly I don't have her work with me. But we do have the correct width and height set for the iPhone. She is not setting StageAlign or StageScaleMode properties. Should she?

She is using a meta tag for setting the width, height, frame rate and stage color. She is using Flash Builder to edit her code and Flash Pro CC to compile the AIR app.

We where able to fix the issue by adding a Default-568h@2x.png to her build.

Followed this adivice to fix the issue: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4720125

But do you think setting StageAlign and StageScaleMode would have also fixed the issue?

As always, thank you sinious for your continued support and help in these forums.

• 3. Re: AIR up for iPhone 5 displays "letter box" around app
              sinious Most Valuable Participant

I'm surprised you don't want to use Flash Builder to export the app.

That aside you definitely should set the Stage align (TOP_LEFT) and scaleMode (NO_SCALE) if you intend on handling the phone resolution programmatically. Otherwise when the stage resizes the actual upper left (on NO_SCALE) will be in negative pixels.

The missing image would be enough to trip the system up. I think you nabbed it!

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: AIR up for iPhone 5 displays "letter box" around app
                DJ Gecko Level 1

Thanks!

My students wants to use the Flash Pro mobile simulator, and her FLA is all set up with the cert and provisioning file, that's why she publishes using Flash Pro : )