• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timesheet entry form that auto-fills the Date ranges?

Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a ColdFusion form & need to add a "Week Selector" drop-down above my table so that:

- when the week is chosen from the drop-down, (how do I generate these weeks drop-down values?)

- the correct dates are added to the date fields in the form.. (how do I populate the text boxes?)

- Once the user chooses the week, the Sun-Sat dates update, he then enters his time for each day..

--Choose Week-->Nov 3 thru Nov 9<-- (drop-down)

Sun---Mon---Tue---Wed---Thu---Fri---Sat (static labels)

---------------------------------------

11/03 11/04 11/05 11/06 11/07 11/08 11/09 (text boxes for dynamic dates)

0 8 8 8 8 8 (text boxes for hours entry)

Here is a sample picture of what I'm trying to roughly duplicate:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timesheet.jpg

Note: This UDF post by Ben Nadel looks promising: http://www.bennadel.com/blog/719-Ask-Ben-Getting-The-Date-Based-On-The-Year-And-Week-In-ColdFusion.h...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Ok, here is my current page so far:

- Using this jq weekly calendar: http://jsfiddle.net/manishma/AVZJh/light/ I'm able to select the week and have it update my "Start thru End" dates text boxes.

- But how do I update the javascript (code below) to also "populate" the weekday column headings (highlighted in yellow) with the mm/dd?

- Lastly, I'm not sure how to do the SQL INSERT across three rows of data (highlighted in yellow)?

timesheet2.jpg

Here is my updated code to fill in the labels with the dates:
-----------

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another note: How would I write the INSERT query that inserts the following values into the database?

- Would prefer to insert all rows with a single INSERT operation

- The INSERT should include the EmployeeID, PayrollItemCategoryID, as well as the dates/hours

- This is for CF9 w/MySQL 5.5 backend..

timesheet.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here is my current page so far:

- Using this jq weekly calendar: http://jsfiddle.net/manishma/AVZJh/light/ I'm able to select the week and have it update my "Start thru End" dates text boxes.

- But how do I update the javascript (code below) to also "populate" the weekday column headings (highlighted in yellow) with the mm/dd?

- Lastly, I'm not sure how to do the SQL INSERT across three rows of data (highlighted in yellow)?

timesheet2.jpg

Here is my updated code to fill in the labels with the dates:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

<script type="text/javascript">
$
(function() {
var startDate;
var endDate;
var monDate;
var tueDate;
var wedDate;
var thuDate;
var friDate;
var satDate;
var sunDate;
var selectCurrentWeek = function() {
    window
.setTimeout(function () {
        $
('.week-picker').find('.ui-datepicker-current-day a').addClass('ui-state-active')

}, 1);
}

$
('.week-picker').datepicker( {
    showOtherMonths
: true,
    selectOtherMonths
: true,
    dateFormat
: "mm/dd",
    firstDay
: 1, // Start with Monday
    onSelect
: function(dateText, inst) {

var date = $(this).datepicker('getDate');
        startDate
= new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 1);
        endDate
= new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 7);
        monDate
= new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 1);
        tueDate
= new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 2);
        wedDate
= new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 3);
        thuDate
= new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 4);
        friDate
= new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 5);
        satDate
= new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 6);
        sunDate
= new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 7);

var dateFormat = inst.settings.dateFormat || $.datepicker._defaults.dateFormat;
        $
('#startDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, startDate, inst.settings ));
        $
('#endDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, endDate, inst.settings ));
        $
('#monDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, monDate, inst.settings ));
        $
('#tueDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, tueDate, inst.settings ));
        $
('#wedDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, wedDate, inst.settings ));
        $
('#thuDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, thuDate, inst.settings ));
        $
('#friDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, friDate, inst.settings ));
        $
('#satDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, satDate, inst.settings ));
        $
('#sunDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, sunDate, inst.settings ));
        selectCurrentWeek
();

},
    beforeShowDay
: function(date) {

var cssClass = '';

if(date >= startDate && date <= endDate)
            cssClass
= 'ui-datepicker-current-day';

return [true, cssClass];

},
    onChangeMonthYear
: function(year, month, inst) {
        selectCurrentWeek
();

}
});

$
('.week-picker .ui-datepicker-calendar tr').live('mousemove', function() { $(this).find('td a').addClass('ui-state-hover'); });
$
('.week-picker .ui-datepicker-calendar tr').live('mouseleave', function() { $(this).find('td a').removeClass('ui-state-hover'); });
});
</script>

And then in my HTML page I used:

-------------------------------------------

<thead>
<tr>

<th>Type</th>

<th>Mon<br>

<input disabled id="monDate" size="5" data-mini="true"></th>

<th>Tue<br>

<input disabled id="tueDate" size="5" data-mini="true"></th>

<th>Wed<br>

<input disabled id="wedDate" size="5" data-mini="true"></th>

<th>Thu<br>

<input disabled id="thuDate" size="5" data-mini="true"></th>

<th>Fri<br>

<input disabled id="friDate" size="5" data-mini="true"></th>

<th>Sat<br>

<input disabled id="satDate" size="5" data-mini="true"></th>

<th>Sun<br>

<input disabled id="sunDate" size="5" data-mini="true"></th>

<th>Totals</th>

<th>Description</th>
</tr>

Message was edited by: jlig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the solution to populate the week-day labels:

------------------------------------------------------------------

<!--- Populate the Week Days with Dates after employee picks the week from calendar --->

<script type="text/javascript">

$(function() {

var startDate;

var endDate;

var monDate;

var tueDate;

var wedDate;

var thuDate;

var friDate;

var satDate;

var sunDate;

var selectCurrentWeek = function() {

window.setTimeout(function () {

$('.week-picker').find('.ui-datepicker-current-day a').addClass('ui-state-active')

}, 1);

}

$('.week-picker').datepicker( {

showOtherMonths: true,

selectOtherMonths: true,

dateFormat: "mm/dd",

firstDay: 1, // Start with Monday

onSelect: function(dateText, inst) {

var date = $(this).datepicker('getDate');

startDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 1);

endDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 7);

monDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 1);

tueDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 2);

wedDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 3);

thuDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 4);

friDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 5);

satDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 6);

sunDate = new Date(date.getFullYear(), date.getMonth(), date.getDate() - date.getDay() + 7);

var dateFormat = inst.settings.dateFormat || $.datepicker._defaults.dateFormat;

$('#startDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, startDate, inst.settings ));

$('#endDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, endDate, inst.settings ));

$('#monDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, monDate, inst.settings ));

$('#tueDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, tueDate, inst.settings ));

$('#wedDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, wedDate, inst.settings ));

$('#thuDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, thuDate, inst.settings ));

$('#friDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, friDate, inst.settings ));

$('#satDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, satDate, inst.settings ));

$('#sunDate').val($.datepicker.formatDate( dateFormat, sunDate, inst.settings ));

selectCurrentWeek();

},

beforeShowDay: function(date) {

var cssClass = '';

if(date >= startDate && date <= endDate)

cssClass = 'ui-datepicker-current-day';

return [true, cssClass];

},

onChangeMonthYear: function(year, month, inst) {

selectCurrentWeek();

}

});

$('.week-picker .ui-datepicker-calendar tr').live('mousemove', function() { $(this).find('td a').addClass('ui-state-hover'); });

$('.week-picker .ui-datepicker-calendar tr').live('mouseleave', function() { $(this).find('td a').removeClass('ui-state-hover'); });

});

</script>

------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the solution to populate the Totals textbox..

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<!--- Sum up the Regular row whenever employee modifies the time value(s) --->

<script>

$(document).ready(function(){

//iterate through each textboxes and add keyup

//handler to trigger sum event

$(".txt").each(function() {

$(this).keyup(function(){

calculateSum();

});

});

});

function calculateSum() {

var sum = 0;

//iterate through each textboxes and add the values

$(".txt").each(function() {

//add only if the value is number

if(!isNaN(this.value) && this.value.length!=0) {

sum += parseFloat(this.value);

}

});

//.toFixed() method will roundoff the final sum to 2 decimal places

$("#sum").val(sum.toFixed(2));

}

</script>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And the HTML on my page:

---------------------------------

<td><input type="text" class="txt" pattern="[0-9]*" name="mon1" id="mon1" value="8" size="7" maxlength="5" data-mini="true"></td>

<td><input type="text" class="txt" pattern="[0-9]*" name="tue1" id="tue1" value="8" size="7" maxlength="5" data-mini="true"></td>

<td><input type="text" class="txt" pattern="[0-9]*" name="wed1" id="wed1" value="8" size="7" maxlength="5" data-mini="true"></td>

<td><input type="text" class="txt" pattern="[0-9]*" name="thu1" id="thu1" value="" size="7" maxlength="5" data-mini="true"></td>

<td><input type="text" class="txt" pattern="[0-9]*" name="fri1" id="fri1" value="" size="7" maxlength="5" data-mini="true"></td>

<td><input type="text" class="txt" pattern="[0-9]*" name="sat1" id="sat1" value="" size="7" maxlength="5" data-mini="true"></td>

<td><input type="text" class="txt" pattern="[0-9]*" name="sun1" id="sun1" value="" size="7" maxlength="5" data-mini="true"></td>

<td id="summation"><input name="total1" type="text" class="txtT" disabled id="sum" value="" size="10" maxlength="5" data-mini="true"></td>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation