9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 4:16 PM by A.T. Romano

"Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0

nahna paparizzi

Previously (like 3 years ago), I was able to create a slide show/movie using the "Fun" templates.  Now they seem to have disappeared from everywhere but the "Instant Movie" tab.  If I select the theme there, I am unable to edit the overlays assignment or copy/paste any of the templates to other areas.  I did an Uninstall/Reinstall and the templates do show on the disk and in the file directory, but I am still unable to acces them for use.  Any sugggestions?

• 1. Re: "Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Has anything changed on your computer?

Is this the same computer you've been using for over three years? Were any upgrades made to its operating system?

Have you ensured that you have the 8.01 patch? (Check under Help/Check for Updates)

• 2. Re: "Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0
            A.T. Romano Level 7

nahna paparizzi

To add to SG's questions...

Beside working from the 8.0.1 Update, it is critical that you work with this version with the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features disabled. Are they?

Background Rendering....See Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the background rendering option found there.

AutoAnalyzer...See Elements Organizer workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalyzer Options/ and disable all there.

Please confirm that you what you are seeking...are you missing Fun DVD Template that you access from the Disc Menus section of the program? What are you now seeing in the Disc Menus display area with the General catagory thumbnails for the template choices? And assuming Windows 7 or 8 64 bit, do you find the Fun template files in the path...

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 8.0

DVD Templates

Common

General

Fun

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: "Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0
              nahna paparizzi Level 1

Yes, it is the same computer.  Windows 7.  No changes to the computer.  Yes, I have the 8.01 patch - well should.  Every time I open Premiere, I get the message that there is an update available, but when I go out to download it, it tells me I already have it.

Somewhere way back when, I heard tell that ADobe was taking away some templates' availability now and again and replacing them with others - they were being switched in-and-out of the "premium" collection.  I can't believe they could have something in the "patch" that disables this?

I am aware that the files are located on the main Installation disk of the set, and not on the contents disk with the others, but they do show as being installed in my files directory.

• 4. Re: "Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0
                nahna paparizzi Level 1

Couple of things -

I don't understand what background rendering or auto analyzer have to dowith being able to accesst emplates.

As far as what I am seeking - I am not looking for the DVD Template, I am looking  for the titles, overlay and effects in the FUN category.   They are there under "Instant Movie", but using that auto applies its own scheme which cannot be manipulated in the timelins/sceneline, nor can I copy the effects to new clips or use the titles backgrounds.

The files clearly show as being on the installation disk and in my file manager directory, but they aren't accessible through Elements.  Am I making sense?

• 5. Re: "Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

nahna paparizzi

Thanks for the additional details of your situation.

In reply to

I don't understand what background rendering or auto analyzer have to dowith being able to accesst emplates.

Both automatic background rendering and AutoAnalyzer features are very resource demanding and have caused multitude of problems (often unexplanable). So, that is the reason for including that mention.

In reply to

As far as what I am seeking - I am not looking for the DVD Template, I am looking  for the titles, overlay and effects in the FUN category.   They are there under "Instant Movie", but using that auto applies its own scheme which cannot be manipulated in the timelins/sceneline, nor can I copy the effects to new clips or use the titles backgrounds.

Please let me know what I am overlooking. Why are you looking in Instant Movie for the titles/Fun? If you want titles/Fun for your clips on the Timeline, why are you not going to the Edit header/Titles/General/Fun?

For the Titles/General /Fun, the path would be

Local Disc C

Program File (x86)

Adobe

Premiere Elements 8.0

Presets

Please review what I have just written and then let me know if the above helps. If not, let me know where I have misinterpreted what you wrote.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: "Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0
                    nahna paparizzi Level 1

Yes, I was looking under the edit/titles/general fun - that's where they aren't showing.  This particular theme only shows in the Instant Movie tab.  Are you saying I must go out and manually select the file from the directory - i.e., it isn't intended to display as an option under the Titles tab as the others are?

Thanks for bearing with me.  I don't know all the technical lingo.

• 7. Re: "Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

nahna paparizzi

Thanks for staying the troubleshooting.

I do not want you to have to open the Fun Title from any place other than Edit header/Titles/General/Fun.

The path given were just to double check that the file for the Fun title existed and was still in its original location and had not be moved out of place for some unexplained reason.

I will be away from the computer for a few minutes, but will be back to work on this. One additional question, just to make sure I have this right. Is it only the Fun title that is missing? Are all the others working from Edit header/Titles/General/Fun?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: "Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0
                        nahna paparizzi Level 1

Ok, so I guess I just had to provide some good intimidation in the form of you splendid guys!  After your last post, I opened Premiere to check for other missing files against the disk.  I had already reloaded and got the completion confirmation previously in the day, but received a message that the content must be installed.  Hmmm, I really don;t think I missed that, but ok....

When I inserted the disk, I got a secondary message that before installing, I must uninstall the content files already on my computer.  So I hadn;t lost my mind completely...  (oh, and keep this in mind; the files for FUN are not on the Contents disk).

NOW, there are so many theme files available - that I had no idea I was missing!!!!

Thanks for sticking with me on this, and for your helpful hints about the Background Rendering and Auto Analyzer.

• 9. Re: "Fun" Theme disappeared in Premiere Elements 8.0
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

nahna paparizzi

That is great great news.

But, when all was said and done, is the Fun representative there among the now many?

As I recall, if you are installing your purchased program from from disc, there are two discs for Premiere Elements 8, one for the program (the program should come with one theme for each of Instant Movies, Disc Menus, etc) and the other disc is for all the rest of the Content which includes DVD Templates, Movie Themes, Title Templates, etc.(lots of all of them).

We are so very pleased with your progress.

Thanks.

ATR