3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 2:53 PM by Peter Spier

Acrobat 11 and InDesign CS5

ABehrens

Just installed Acrobat 11 Pro but it doesn't show up in my InDesign as a selectable print option? How do I get InDesign to show Acrobat 11 in the print dialog box? Is there a plug-in I'm overlooking?

• 1. Re: Acrobat 11 and InDesign CS5
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

OS?

And I'm not sure if Acrobat 11 actually installs a virtual printer even on Windows as I don't have it installed.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Acrobat 11 and InDesign CS5
            ABehrens Level 1

Using Mac OS X 10.6.8. I had to upgrade from Acrobat 9 because it wasn't producing a file after I clicked PRINT in the dialog box... Distiller would just run briefly but never actually generate a PDF. You may be right about no virtual printer installed... as the online manual just talks about converting Postscript files made from the authoring software, and I see a "Postscript®" option popped up in the printer list after installing Acrobat XI. Hate having to do another step when on a hot deadline, so I guess I was hoping there was a plug-in and I just missed it.

• 3. Re: Acrobat 11 and InDesign CS5
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I'm quite sure the virtual printer was dicontinued for Mac installs since new versions of the OS don't support it.