4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 3:31 PM by J74

Photo format correction... help needed

J74

Hi I'm new to the forum so please forgive me if I in the wrong section. I'll explain my problem as best as I can. I have taken some photos of text books in a library, the photos aren't the best quality because I was in a hurry and the library rules forbid photos being taken so most of them are not straight, a bit blury or taken at the wrong angle (star wars film intro text style!!). I needed to convert these jpegs to doc format or PDF but since the texts shown in the photos are not perfectly straight or clear I was wondering if any one can give me some step by step instructions using photoshop CS6 as how to get the texts in the photos straight and clear enough to be able to convert them correctly to .doc or pdf formats.

thanks for any help at all

J.

• 1. Re: Photo format correction... help needed
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

We should help you break your library's rules. Perhaps you should seek out you local Don. Why tell us your breaking the rules.  Had I not known that....

• 2. Re: Photo format correction... help needed
            J74 Level 1

I should have explained myself better... most of the books in this library for some reason aren't for loan, you can't take them out of the library, they will do photocopies at an abnormal cost so someone who has to study for a uni degree and needs hundreds and hundreds of pages... would definitely never pay such an amount for photocopies... hence breaking the library rules. Most of the books in this library are of historical importance and can only be found in libraries that will charge you to the bone for photocopies.

That said, can anyone help me out with correcting the photos using photoshop CS6 so that I can convert them to doc or pdf files successfully?

thanks

• 3. Re: Photo format correction... help needed
              Curt Y Level 7

Even if they were legal copies not much that can be done for pictures taken out of focus and taken at an angle.  Garbage in garbage out.

• 4. Re: Photo format correction... help needed
                J74 Level 1

so photos can't be turned on a horizontal axis? this is the main problem. Some of the photos are out of focus but not blurred completely.