9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2013 3:10 PM by A.T. Romano

PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS

rabbod

I have recently purchased ADOBE ELEMENTS 12 and just finished a project that I cannot save via web (facebook, youtube) nor can I save to disk?? what can the problem be? PLEASE HELP!! Thanks

• 1. Re: PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Are you using the Share function? If so, what are the options that you have chosen in Share?

Save is a function for doing a save of the Project file itself (.PREL), and does not result in any form of media file - just the Project file, which can only be Opened in PrE.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS
            A.T. Romano Level 7

rabbod

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

When you first went to Publish+Share/Social Websites/, did you get a pop up stating "Downloading Presets".

If you did, did you then see the Social Websites category opening to reveal the panels for Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube?

Do you have an Internet connection and is it working when you click on Social Website.

As Hunt points out, with these Publish+Share opportunities, you are going to be uploading your Timeline content to Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube for viewing there as a video file. This is not going to result in the Timeline content saved to a file on your computer hard drive.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS
              rabbod Level 1

I wanted to share it on facebook for the client who would like to view it. I checked the net connection and it was on, I saved it in FACEBOOK HD. it also wont save to disk. says the disk is full when it isnt.

• 4. Re: PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS
                rabbod Level 1

should I click "share worl area bar only"??

• 5. Re: PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 has links for various Sharing options

More information at these pages...

Premiere Elements FAQ List (2 pages of FAQ as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq?view=all

Premiere Elements TIPS List (6 pages of Tips as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_tips?view=all

• 6. Re: PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS
                    rabbod Level 1

I have the manual here. thanks.I think I will go to youtube, it is far more helpful. but thank you.

• 7. Re: PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS
                      rabbod Level 1

EXPORT is greyed out in the file menu. . . am i missing something?

• 8. Re: PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

You will need to go to the Share (Publish+Share in PrE 11, 12) Tab, and not Export.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: PROBLEMS SAVING in ADOBE ELEMENTS
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

rabbod

Thanks for the follow up. Let us back up and regroup.

Given you have a Premiere Elements 12 Expert Timeline and you want to upload that content to Facebook. For now, I am assuming that you have setup the project correctly, so I am jumping to the "sharing" goals.

Facebook Upload

Publish+Share

Social Websites

Facebook and then select the appropriate preset.

Can you get that far? What error message(s) provent you from going further?

Then you talk about putting the Timeline content on a disc. For that you have 3 choices

a. burn to DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc

b. burn to AVCHD format on DVD disc

c. burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

You cannot burn a data disc from Premiere Elements (just in case note, data disc would be essentially copying a file to a DVD disc as is rather encoding it to DVD-VIDEO or other).

As you have noted, there is a "WorkArea Bar option" included with some of the Publish+Share export choices. The way this work is

a. In the Edit area, you set the gray tabs of the WorkArea Bar to span just the Timeline section that you want to export (selective export). To get that to work, when you get to Publish+Share, you have to have a check mark next to "Share WorkArea Bar Only" option. I am not sure if that is your goal "selective export" or whether you saw the option and was wondering what it was all about. But the bottom line on this part of the issue is do you want one of the formats mentioned on DVD or Blu-ray disc OR do you want a file that you can email or put on a data disc for someone to work on or play on his/her computer as a data disc?.

If you give us an idea of the properties of your source media, the project preset that you selected for the project, and define your goals, I will give you a workflow to practice with if it is needed. I have no idea of your background so please excuse if I mention anything that you already know.

By the way, the Premiere Elements workspaces have changed drastically starting version 11. The File Menu/Export/Movie of some earlier versions no longer exists. All that remains in that location is File Menu/Export/Title.

Please review the above and then we can put it all together based on your details to be supplied. Further discussion can include file types to save to hard drive for upload to the social websites at the social websites in contrast to uploading to these sites from within Premiere Elements.

Thanks.

ATR