6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 8:48 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 won't update

TS Ahde

Hi!

I installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 and Premiere Elements 12 from DVD to my new iMac that is running OS X Maverics.

Elements Organizer is crashing quite often and I found out that at least in some older versions the ElementsAutoAnalyzer might cause that kind of problems. So I unticked all check boxes at preferences Media-Analysis tab.Ele

I'm not sure yet, if that helped, because after that (unchecking check boxes from Media-Analysis), I tried to install updates (basically there is only Photoshop Camera RAW 8.2 update availabel via automatic update), but I was not able to install that, because installation program tells me that I must close ElementsAutoAnalyzer. How do I close it in OS X?  I even rebooted mac after unchecking of Media-Analysis stuff, but still the auto analyzer is loaded somehow / somewhere in system startup.

So, what I should do?

Best regards,

-Timo

• 1. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 won't update
          A.T. Romano Level 7

TS Ahde

I am strictly an Elements Windows person, but, from what I have read, the following article should guide you in Force Quitting the process ElementsAutoAnalzyer.

http://etherealmind.com/osx-restart-system-processes/

Please review and the proceed with what you are comfortable doing.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 won't update
            TS Ahde Level 1

Hi!

Thanks for you quick reply.

ElementsAutoAnalyzer is not shown at force quit applications windows - maybe because it's background job.

And able to quit it from OS X activity monitor, I need to know what it's process name is - I can't see it named as autoanalyzer or anything else like that could be used to identify it from list of processes.

So, does someone know what ElementsAutoAnalyzer's process name is in OS X activity monitor?

-TS Ahde

• 3. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 won't update
              nealeh Level 5

This will tell you all you need to know, including how to permanently kill it on Mac:

The Elements 12 Auto Analyzer–Adobe’s Evil Undead

Cheers,

--

Neale

• 4. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 won't update
                A.T. Romano Level 7

TS Ahde

It looks like nealeh has found the perfect link with description of ending the Elements AutoAnalyzer process.

Please let us know if that works for you with your Premiere Elements 12 Mac.

Moving forward, if you have the time, we would be very interested to learn of your progress especially in view of your computer operating system. That information would be helpful to all who are trying to run Premiere Elements 12 Mac.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 won't update
                  TS Ahde Level 1

Hi!

I did all things that was in nealeh's link. Basically I did steps 3 to 4, because I did step 1 yesterday and step 2 was not needed, because there weren't ElementsAutoAnalyzer process running.

At least now I was able to install the new update (Camera RAW 8.2). I'm writing this just after the update process, so I'm not made any picture moving to organizer's albums, but let's hope that disabling AutoAnalyzer helped for those crashes

I have (at least in my own opinion)  good experience of Windows systems, but I have had enought of those and started to use Mac instead of Windows. So basically I'm noobie about Macs with little of Linux knowledge - it didn't helped with this problem...

I would like to thank both of you for helping me to deactivate of this Element's "feature"!

Also I'm new with these Adobe forums --> is here some dedicated forum for Mac related things or what is the best way to give feedback or questions related to running Premiere Elements on Mac? In other words: If I came up with things that are worth of contributing to other Mac users, where should I write those things?

Best regards,

-TS Ahde

• 6. Re: Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 won't update
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

TS Ahde

Thanks for the update with the good news that you are moving forward in your Premiere Elements Mac projects.

I would think it very helpful and appropriate for you to contribute your Premiere Elements Mac observations, findings, and troubleshooting results here.

Looking forward to your progress when you have the time.

ATR