1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 8, 2013 9:23 PM by elainecc

When Editing A Web Page In Edge Animate, How Can I Embed Edge Elements Into Pre-Existing DIV's?

neohtom Level 1

I created a basic layout with some boxes in Dreamweaver. I set the Overflow property on them to "Hidden". I then opened the page in Edge Animate. However I noticed that when I import stuff, such as an image, then try to drag it into one of the existing DIV's, it won't work. It stays on top of all the other DIV's. However if I create a box or some other sort of DIV directly in Edge Animate, I can drag the Image element into that, so it's enclosed within that DIV.

I guess the workaround appears to be to embed the image into the DIV in Dreamweaver first, then open the page in Edge. However it would be nice to not have to keep jumping back and forth like that. Is there a way to do this in Edge Animate?

Also, I noticed when I select one of the DIVs I made in Dreamweaver, many of the Properties such as Corners, Shadow, and Filters are missing. Can these only be used on DIV's created directly in Edge Animate?

• 1. Re: When Editing A Web Page In Edge Animate, How Can I Embed Edge Elements Into Pre-Existing DIV's?
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, neohtom-

What you're seeing is the difference between what we define as a static div (one that is defined outside of Animate) and a managed div (one that is defined inside of Animate).  Due to the fact that we expect other products to change a static div, we limit the amount of changes you can make to a static div.  Because we "manage" a div that is created inside of Animate, we allow a lot more changes to be made to a div.  Hope that answers your question!  I'd suggest creating divs within Animate if you want to eventually change them to have corners, etc.

Cheers,

-Elaine