8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2014 9:05 AM by A.T. Romano

limit of 25 chapters for DVD still exits in Pre12

j.w.

Hello,

does anybody know wether the 25 chapter (or scene) limit still exits in PrE 12.

Actually i'm using PrE 11 on OSX 10.9 and here i can create more then 25 chapters, but when creating a DVD menu only the first 25 are shown.

Thx for an answer!

Regards Jens

• 1. Re: limit of 25 chapters for DVD still exits in Pre12
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Yes, that seems to be the case, Jens.

• 2. Re: limit of 25 chapters for DVD still exits in Pre12
            j.w. Level 1

Hi Steve, thx for your answer!

I fearded it :-(

Jens

• 3. Re: limit of 25 chapters for DVD still exits in Pre12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jens,

Sorry, but I need to disagree with SG's report that both Premiere Elements 11 and 12 have the same 25 menu marker restriction.

Not so.

Premiere Elements 12 now allows for 99 menu markers. When you get beyond that you get a message

"The number of Menu Markers in the timeline cannot exceed 25."

The "25" in the message reflects someone forgetting to update the message and not that you are restricted to 25 menu markers in the project.

I have been there and done this several times.

If SG is not finding this to be the case first hand, then we need to explore why he is not.

Thanks. Please update us on your results after you try it.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....My work in this regard is with Premiere Elements 11 and 12 on Windows 7 and 8 64 bit.,

• 4. Re: limit of 25 chapters for DVD still exits in Pre12
                j.w. Level 1

Hi A.T.Romano,

thx for your answer!

Not sure wether i understand you correctly!

Do you mean, that you can create more than 25 menu markers in PrE11 and 12?

If yes: I know that it is possible to create more than 25 menu markers in PrE11, BUT if you create a DVD then only 25 markers are recognized.

My question is: is it possible in PrE12 to create DVD according to the DVD specs (==>99 chapters).

I have no chance to test this, cause i didn't have PrE12 (my question should help me to decide wether to update or not :-) ).

Thx!

Jens

• 5. Re: limit of 25 chapters for DVD still exits in Pre12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

j.w.

Yes.

You can create a DVD with 99 menu markers (chapters) in Premiere Elements 12. You cannot in version 11. Version 11 max is 25.

Please refer to my blog post on Premiere Elements 12 First Look, Introduction. Item 9.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/premiere-elements-12-first-look-details.html

For comparisons, please check out the Premiere Elements 11 side of this in my blog post

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-menu-marker-limit-implementation.html

More on this later today.

But, I would advise you to go tryout before purchase to assure program compatibility with your computer environment as well as all features that meet your needs.

To be continued....

ATR

• 6. Re: limit of 25 chapters for DVD still exits in Pre12
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

j.w.

This is a repeat and add on to what I have already written

If you place 99 menu markers on the Premiere Elements 12 Windows Timeline and use a Movie Menu with 6 scene buttons per scene selection page, you will get 17 scene selection pages (as seen in the scrolled through Movie Menu preparation area bin). For 16 of the 17 pages, there will be 6 scenes per page. For the 17th page, there will be 3 scenes. Total 99 scenes.

After you burn that Timeline with menus to DVD disc (I used DVD-RW), you end up with DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with menu. And, that menu arrangement is

one main menu page

16 scene menu pages with 6 scenes per page

1 scene menu page with 3 scenes per page

This DVD-VIDEO with menu can be played back and navigated with menus using a computer player as well as the TV DVD player. I have been there and done that.

Do not be misled by the Premiere Elements 12 message that you get when you try to place the 100th menu marker in Premiere Elements 12. It cites a limit of 25 menu markers. Apparently someone forgot to change the message when someone decided to take the max from 25 to 99. The message is meaningless as written.

Premiere Elements 11 is as I have described in the blog posts, max 25 menu markers no matter how many menu markers you place.

I found this to be true when I first looked at Premiere Elements 12 tryout. And have found this to be try in the purchased Premiere Elements 12.

If SG or others have found otherwise, then we need to know how and why and when.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: limit of 25 chapters for DVD still exits in Pre12
                      FTL2063 Level 1

and here i can create more then 25 chapters, but when creating a DVD menu only the first 25 are shown.

Hi, What do you use to made your DVD ?

Thanks

• 8. Re: limit of 25 chapters for DVD still exits in Pre12
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

FTL2063

The question has been answered by jw

Actually i'm using PrE 11 on OSX 10.9 and here i can create more then 25 chapters, but when creating a DVD menu only the first 25 are shown.

And the correct Premiere Elements answer given in depth.

Is your post in this thread today, like the other found today so far, a push to iDVD?

If so, could you go to the point of how many chapters possible when using the current version of your iDVD? As noted in the reply, jw's specific issue went to the use of Premiere Elements 11 and not the current version 12.

Please explain.

Thanks.

ATR