4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 7:00 AM by j.w. RSS

Error message in system log on OSX (Myriad Web Pro)

j.w.

Hello,

I'm using PrE 11 on OSX 10.9.

I created some projects and was wondering why some tasks are very slow. For example the export/publish menu takes seconds until it opens. Entering a name for the folder/dvd takes arround 1 second per letter. In the console of OSX there are tons of messages (arround 30 per second) like this:

07.11.13 12:23:40,053 Adobe Premiere Elements[13016]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Myriad Web Pro" and got font with PostScript name "MyriadWebPro". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

I'm not quite sure but i "feel" that the publishing process takes too much time too .....

What i did for troubleshooting:
      - reinstalled PrE11
      - uninstalled PrE11, deleting the font directory, reboot my machine and the reinstalled
      - created a new fresh test projekt
      But unfortuanately none of those things worked for me.
      Any ideas?
      Thx Jens
        • 1. Re: Error message in system log on OSX (Myriad Web Pro)
          Steve Grisetti MVP

I've noticed reduced performance on OSX Mavericks also.

Though how much this performance is reduced depends a lot on which processor you have, how much RAM you have and which model of camcorder your video is coming from.

• 2. Re: Error message in system log on OSX (Myriad Web Pro)
            j.w. Community Member

Hi Steve, thx for your answer!

Might be that PrE is not as fast on Mavericks as on other versions.

But i don't think that my problem is related to Maverick. It must have a reason that those hundreds of error messages occur in systemlog.

At least logging 30-40 messages per second will take system performance....

I'm running PrE 11 on a Macbook Retina with 8GB!

Thx for additional answers or ideas ....

Jens

• 3. Re: Error message in system log on OSX (Myriad Web Pro)
              Steve Grisetti MVP

Meantime, be sure to run the font checker on your Mac.

With the Finder open, select Go/To Applications and open the Font Book.

In the Font Book, select all fonts and, from the File menu, select Validate Font. Delete any that appear to be corrupted or troublesome.

You'll be amazed how many issues this resolves!

• 4. Re: Error message in system log on OSX (Myriad Web Pro)
                j.w. Community Member

Hi Steve,

i had 16 fonts with a minor issue.

My first shot was to move those fonts to a different directory and then test PrE.

Result:

Error messages in console were gone, I wasn't able to enter a name for the disk in the publishing dialog. Looks like, that the fone "MyriadWebPro" is a standard font for PrE

second shot:

move the fonts back to the system font directory and check them again ==> 0 errors

Then start of PrE again:

- tons of error messages pointing to the font "MyriadWebPro"

- able to enter letters for the file or disk name 

- and able to enter letters in a normal performance (not 1 letter per second as before)

So for the moment your tip seems to mitigate the issue, but the error messages are still logged - so there must be still something wrong with the font....

Jens