2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2013 4:32 AM by Akanksha Parmar

Create summary based on radio buttons selection

Akanksha Parmar Level 1

Hi All,

I have this 22 page form which has numerous radio button selection. Please find screenshot attached.

My requirement is to have a summary on page 23, where all the fail options are mentioned. Suppose if item 1, 6. 17. 208 are marked as fail, they should be mentioned on last page with the comments.

I have gone through the forum before asking the question, however, could not find any.

I would be really helpful if you could point me in the right direction.

Best Regards,

Akanksha

summary.jpg

• 1. Re: Create summary based on radio buttons selection
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You need to iterate over all the fields, counting how many of them have the value "Fail", and then show the result in your text field.

Iterating over the fields can either be done with an array containing their names, or if their names are consistent ("Item1", "Item2", "Item3", etc.) then you can use a simple for-loop to do it.

Edit: I'm noticing that you want to show the actual names of the items that were failed, not just their number. That is a bit more complex.

If the descriptions for each item are not saved in a text field where you could read them you'll need to create some sort of data model in your script that will specify the name of each item, so you could use them in the summary.

• 2. Re: Create summary based on radio buttons selection
            Akanksha Parmar Level 1

Thank you Gilad. You have always been of great help.

Best Regards,

Akanksha