3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 11:24 AM by Josh_Corey

Help please: Issue setting up collecting payments using Pay Pal

Team 862-LRC

Our form is created, our Pay PAL account is created and banking info confirmed.  Pay Pal account was registered and permissions granted.

Defined the purchased filelds(1) tied to total amount due...and added a fixed 2.00 handling charge.  Basically everything appears okay.

When I do the test the submit button is changed to proceed to checkout(and i see mc, visa, discover logos as well), but instead of going to screen where I can enter Credit card information it goes to pay pal login screen for our account.  Something is obviouslly set up wrong.  Can you help me with what could be the issue?  I was hoping to finish form setup soon.

• 1. Re: Help please: Issue setting up collecting payments using Pay Pal
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Hi;

I would be happy to take a look.  You can share your form with me following these instructions http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462 with jcorey@adobe.com

I don't' know what exactly you are seeing on the Paypal page, but the correct behavior after clicking "Proceed to checkout" is to be taken to a Paypal login page, it sounds like it is working correctly

Since you are on your own computer where you sign into Paypal it would show your Paypal account/login like this:

Paypal login screen.png

In the upper right it shows the amount of the transaction and if you sign in with a different Paypal account (can't sign in with the same account you registered) it will continue with the transaction, alternatively to test you can click the "Check out as guest" next to "Don't have an account" where you would enter payment information.

If something else is happening your can share your form and I'll take a look.

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Help please: Issue setting up collecting payments using Pay Pal
            Team 862-LRC Level 1

Hi Josh,

You are correct.  That is exactly what I see.  But don't I have the option to pay with a credit card(MC, Visa, etc.) without having to sign in to Pay Pal?  The very first test I did I hasd that behavior...where I did not have to sign to Paypal...I used my mc to complete the test.  I added you as a contributor if you wanted to take a look.

• 3. Re: Help please: Issue setting up collecting payments using Pay Pal
              Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

The process on the Paypal side has changed, you can still checkout with a credit card, it is just not as obvious, you have to click "Check out as guest" and then you get:

Paypal as guest.PNG

We're looking into whether Paypal can still present the credit card option up front as it was in the past, but for now that is the expected/correct behaviour.

Thanks,

Josh