• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to change default background from bmp in Captivate 7 recordings?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time I make a recording, be it demo, training etc it always saves the captured background as a bmp in the library.

I can manually export, edit, then reimport each of the files as jpgs, which looses no quality but reduces the size of the published file by about 50%, and the project file itself by about 80%.

Is there a way to change the default capture mode to save me this massive chore each time I record a project? or some other way around it?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  No.  Captivate uses BMP or PNG because these are lossless compression formats.  JPG is lossy compression.  So you may not notice the degradation but it is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have noticed this too, i.e. the captured background is BMP, and the capture images are PNG. For example, my command line terminal window backgrounds are 4070.57K versus about 32K to 65K when I convert them to PNG files. Our demonstration files can be enormous because of the BMP backgrounds. It would definitely be advantageous to have a recording setting for PNG versus BMP for the backgrounds in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources