2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2007 1:13 PM by Newsgroup_User

exporting

putfordathena
      I want to export a file to the web,but I dont seem to have the web option in export wizard? Is there something Im missing with my program?A plug in or another download?
        • 1. Re: exporting
          Level 7
          No, Fireworks allows you to decide the best settings for yourself. Choose
          the 2 or 4-Up Preview to see your original png and change the others using
          the Optimize panel.

Peter

"putfordathena" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fknunu$5u1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          |I want to export a file to the web,but I dont seem to have the web option
          in export wizard? Is there something Im missing with my program?A plug in or
          another download?

• 2. Re: exporting
            Level 7
            Here is a short version of exporting (there are several ways):

If it's an image or object, add a slice (you can right click and select
            "Insert Rectangular Slice". I like to name my slices. In the PI you can
            change the default slice name)

Open the Optimize panel and select the Image Format (Gif, Jpg etc.) and
            select your settings.

If you have several objects in 1 document you can use different otimizations
            on each slice (use Preview).

I ike to Shift select each slice, right click and select "export selected
            slice"

Navigate to your folder and save. If you've named your slices, your images
            will be saved using that.

Joyce J. Evans Erb
            http://www.JoyceJEvans.com
            http://www.Tutorials2Go.com

"putfordathena" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:fknunu$5u1$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I want to export a file to the web,but I dont seem to have the web option
            >in export wizard? Is there something Im missing with my program?A plug in
            >or another download?