4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2014 9:05 AM by C4ETech

Using Audio Sync for Multi-Cam Edits Premiere Pro CC

mguel

Hello everyone - I wanted to share some issues I've come across while using Audio to sync multiple camera angles....

For my music video shoot I have two cameras and an external recorder where I capture the audio and then edit in GarageBand or Adobe Audition. The problem I've discovered is that when I sync the clips using audio it will degrade the quality of my finalized audio clip.

Basically, something is happening to the audio clip quality once Premiere completed the synchronization process. I've rendered the video, exported the video etc... But there is still audio quality degradation.

I've compared this with Final Cut Pro X and the Audio in FCP X remains unchanged and is not altered in any way.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

• 1. Re: Using Audio Sync for Multi-Cam Edits Premiere Pro CC
          Jim_Simon Level 8

I can't think of any way for PP to 'degrade' the audio solely because of an auto-sync process.  My inclination here is to suspect operator/observer error.

However, you can always sync manually.

• 2. Re: Using Audio Sync for Multi-Cam Edits Premiere Pro CC
            C4ETech

I can assure you guys that it is not an observer error, I am facing the same issue too... audio levels are definitely lower when I use multi camera... any ideas? anyone?

Would be grateful for any assistance.

Ash

• 3. Re: Using Audio Sync for Multi-Cam Edits Premiere Pro CC
              Jim_Simon Level 8

The other option is operator error.

• 4. Re: Using Audio Sync for Multi-Cam Edits Premiere Pro CC
                C4ETech Level 1

Update: I just happened happened to have a pair of ath m50s lying around.... put them on and I can see that in the multi cam sequence, I can hear only out of the left ear... once I drag and drop something to my timeline the audio's good again...

Sorry for this question... operator???

I shoot tech videos on YouTube and I edit my own videos, so I guess I am the operator & observer here...

Am shooting a tutorial...

Cam 1 - My Camcorder that shoots the phone

Cam 2 - Actually a screen recorder that records the steps on screen & audio from webcam

Audio - Blue Spark Digital recording to audacity

Now if I merge Cam 1 & Audio or Cam 2 & Audio alls fine... I can check the audio meters and everythings the same as before

But if I create a multicamera sequence then the audio output is about 20% lower (and no Premiere's not using the audio source from Cam1 or 2 here since they are too low and am 100% sure its not either of those)

I guess am messing up something but am unable to identify what..

Syncronize Point - Audio

Track Channel - 1

Sequence Preset - Automatic

Audio Sequence Settings - Camera 1

Audio Channels Preset - Automatic (or Mono since my Blue Spark records in mono)

Camera Names - Enumerate Cameras

Any Idea where am messing up?

Ash

Message was edited by: C4ETech