8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2013 1:22 PM by tstormSierra

Red flashes after 7.1 update

tstormSierra Level 1

After importing footage from After effects (quicktime) I'll get random red flash frames. They go away, but they have popped up on export.

Speaking of, I've been having more issues exporting of out AME. Works about 50% of the time. Restarts sometimes help, sometimes don't.

Premiere cc-7.1

OSX 10.8.5

Core i7

Nvidia GTX 660 Ti

16GB RAM

• 1. Re: Red flashes after 7.1 update
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

tstorm,

What happens if you try exporting with a different non-QuickTime codec?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: Red flashes after 7.1 update
            tstormSierra Level 1

I'll give it a shot in the next few days and get back to you. I should also mention that I'm just overwriting existing files, not re-importing, placing on the timeline, etc.

• 3. Re: Red flashes after 7.1 update

tstorm,

The red "flashes" are actually showing you the exact frames in your original clip that have somehow been corrupted. When exporting see what happens if you export directly from Premiere Pro (Export button) not AME (Queue button)?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 4. Re: Red flashes after 7.1 update
                tstormSierra Level 1

The raw plays fine, the red flashes show up in different spots, only started happening since the 7.1 update (with the same footage), show up from export AND queue, cuda, open cl, and software mode, and it's a roll of the dice, some parts will be fine on one export and flash red on the next export. (It took nearly 10 tries before I was able to export a version with no red flashes)

It's not me...it's you

• 5. Re: Red flashes after 7.1 update

tstormSierra wrote:

The raw plays fine, the red flashes show up in different spots, only started happening since the 7.1 update (with the same footage), show up from export AND queue, cuda, open cl, and software mode, and it's a roll of the dice, some parts will be fine on one export and flash red on the next export. (It took nearly 10 tries before I was able to export a version with no red flashes)

It's not me...it's you

tstorm,

I'm not getting the same issues with nearly the exact same setup, so that's tough for me to troubleshoot. However, I have seen a few complaints of the red flashes since the update. Engineering tells me that red flashes are signs of decode problems in Premiere Pro.

You say that it's a "roll of the dice" as to when this happens. I will further investigate the problem, but I need a repeatable case to nail things down. Let me know if you have a repeatable case and that will help a lot.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 6. Re: Red flashes after 7.1 update
                    tstormSierra Level 1

Well I can tell you that it happened to footage that was ProRes 4444 RGB + Alpha, trillions of colors+. Roll of the dice meaning that it doesn't happen on the same frame. It will come and go on replay at times.

The prores 4444 footage was overlaid prores 422 footage.

• 7. Re: Red flashes after 7.1 update

tstorm,

So you rendered out a ProRes 4444 file with alpha and overlayed it over another ProRes 422 clip in a ProRes 422 sequence. How precisely were you exporting the footage. Wasn't it "Match Sequence Settings" and H.264? If so, was the H.264 the stock one or the QuickTime wrapped variant?

If this is all correct, I will try and repeat your case.

Here is another thread where a user has similar problems: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1335329?tstart=0

Thanks for posting there, as well.

Kevin

• 8. Re: Red flashes after 7.1 update
                        tstormSierra Level 1

We always render out a master ProRes (422HQ-Matched settings) file and make deliverables out of that.

Always worked for us in the past.