5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 6:23 PM by A.T. Romano

Black in Monitor / No Audio

Spikeroo

Despite having clips in the timeline, my monitor shows only black on each clip and I hear no audio. How do I fix this?

• 1. Re: Black in Monitor / No Audio
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Spikeroo

Not enough details there.

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running one.

The usual drill is "Do you have the latest version of your video card driver according to the web site of the manufacturer of that video card?

Are you getting display card error messages?

If you have Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA video card, you might be looking to roll back the driver version as per the latest epidemic of Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issues.

On the other hand, your issue might go to the properties of your source media. In that case, answers would be needed for:

What are the properties of your source media? Where did the footage come from? Video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, file extension, interlaced or progressive, etc.

What is your project preset?

What do you computer resources look like?

Looking forward to your follow up to sort through the details of your issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Black in Monitor / No Audio
            Spikeroo Level 1

Thanks, A.T.  I have Adobe Elements 10. 

I will run through your checklist to see if I can identify any issues - however - so far I have gotten no display card error notices, or any other error noticies.

I have been using this program for several weeks, using the same video source (our HD camera) without any playback issues.  This is a sudden onset issue, possibly me throwing a switch somewhere that I can't find or undo.

The other issue I am having is frequent crashes. Is that common with Elements 10?

Thanks,S

• 3. Re: Black in Monitor / No Audio
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Is that common with Elements 10?

It could be, depending on your video card, and the installed video driver. That is why ATR asked about your video card and driver.

Good luck, and please let us know more.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Black in Monitor / No Audio
                Spikeroo Level 1

Thank you, Bill. I will get with our IT people tomorrow and find out about our video card and driver.

But I can get partial playback on another project. A couple of short flash frames and an animated graphic.

Thanks to you both.

• 5. Re: Black in Monitor / No Audio
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Spikeroo

Thanks for the follow up.

We are looking forward to the computer information from your IT people, especially that related to the video card and its driver. If it is Premiere Elements 10 and NVIDIA video card combo, the odds are in our favor for your issue joining the many in the following articles and elsewhere.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5770383#5770383

If it is NVIDIA video card, please have you IT people browse through the information in the link above.

The usual drill is to make sure that the video card driver is up to date. In the case of the Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA video card driver issue, for now, the fix is to roll back the driver.

Thanks.

ATR