0 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2013 12:07 AM by Bill12 RSS

Problem adding vhost administrator

Bill12

Hello guys,

I am using FMS 4.5.5 on my windows 7 PC.

I was able to add server admin on the FMS 4.5.5 but when I am trying to add a vhost administrator FMS admin console doesn't wan't to allow me in.

When I am trying to ping the server with server admin credentials (http://localhost:1111/admin/ping?auser=admin&apswd=adminadmin) it returns

<result>

<level>status</level>

<code>NetConnection.Call.Success</code>

<timestamp>11/8/2013 10:55:08 AM</timestamp></result>

But when I am using vhost admin credentials (http://www.host311.com:1111/admin/ping?auser=host311&apswd=password12) which have already been created I am given this error

<result>

<level>error</level>

<code>NetConnection.Connect.Rejected</code>

<description>Admin user requires valid username and password.</description>

<timestamp>11/8/2013 10:57:26 AM</timestamp></result>

Application.xml and Vhost.xml have been taken from the ...\Flash Media Server 4.5\conf\_defaultRoot_\_defaultVHost_\

Vhost.xml has been modified accordingly. (<AppsDir></AppsDir> is picking up the right directory)

Users.xml file has been taken from ...\Flash Media Server 4.5\conf\ and appropriate user has been added to the file:

<UserList>

<!-- This tag defines an administrator for the server. -->

<User name="host311">

<!-- Password for this vhost administrator. -->

<Password encrypt="false">password12</Password>

<!-- This admin can only connect to the server from the specified -->

<!-- hosts. This is specified as a comma delimited list of        -->

<!-- hostnames or domain names, and/or (full or partial) IP       -->

<!-- addresses. For example,                                      -->

<!-- "foo.yourcompany.com, macromedia.com, 10.60.1.133, 10.60"    -->

<Allow></Allow>

<!-- This admin cannot connect to the server from any of the      -->

<!-- specified hosts. This is specified as a comma delimited list -->

<!-- of hostnames or domain names, and/or (full or partial) IP    -->

<!-- addresses. For example,                                      -->

<!-- "foo.yourcompany.com, macromedia.com, 10.60.1.133, 10.60"    -->

<Deny></Deny>

<!-- Specifies the order in which to evaluate the <Allow> and     -->

<!-- <Deny> tags. This can be "Allow,Deny" or "Deny,Allow". The   -->

<!-- default is "Deny,Allow" which means that access is allowed   -->

<!-- unless specified in <Deny> and not specified in <Allow>.     -->

<Order>Allow,Deny</Order>

</User>

</UserList>

May be there is no more such possibility to add vhost administrators

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Oleg Buchnev