3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 9:26 PM by VelmaDinkley

Cannot Open Attachments within a pdf document [Windows RT]

Gas

Dear Staff,

In my windows 7 netbook I can open files attached to  PDF documents is there a reason why I cannot open these files within windows 8.1 RT with the adobe Reader Touch? is there any setting to adjust to have this function active or Adobe Reader touch do not have this function at all?

Is the adobe reader touch staff working on this?

I am a music teacher and those attachments are very important for me.

Thank you in advance for your help

Gas

• 1. Re: Cannot Open Attachments within a pdf document
          MobileDeveloperCK Adobe Employee

Adobe Reader Touch does not support file attachments.

Adobe Reader Touch is a relatively new product.  Our product management team determines which features/enhancements/updates to add based on customer feedback and the usage data collected from other mobile Adobe Reader products (e.g. Reader for iOS/Android).

While Adobe Reader for iOS/Android supports file attachments, the usage data indicates that file attachments are rarely used.  So it is not clear if or when the feature will be supported in Adobe Reader Touch.

Since your operating system is Windows RT 8.1, you will not be able to install and run Adobe Reader XI (desktop app with classic UI).  Because Adobe Reader XI is not compatible with Windows RT.

Microsoft Reader (the built-in PDF viewer) does not seem to support file attachments, either.

One thing that you could try is to open the PDF document with attachments in Adobe Reader XI on Windows 7, save the attachments as separate files, and transfer the files from your Windows 7 notebook to your Windows RT 8.1 notebook/tablet using a cloud storage service (e.g. SkyDrive, Dropbox, Acrobat.com, etc.) 

It's not ideal.  But it's one way to work around the lack of the feature. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 2. Re: Cannot Open Attachments within a pdf document
            noname27

Download foxit reader which is a free software compatible with windows 8, open your file in foxit reader and then you can see the attachment in adobe files.

• 3. Re: Cannot Open Attachments within a pdf document
              VelmaDinkley

AOA Gas,

Open your pdf file in firefox and click toggle sidebar and from there you can open or save your attachments easily.

Capture.PNG