18 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 9:06 AM by A.T. Romano

compatability

JCBM38

Is panasonic NV-GS75EB compatible to premiere elements

• 1. Re: compatability
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JCBM38

What version of Premiere Elements do you have and on what computer operating system is it running?

I do not have the Panasonic NV-GS75EB, so the following is based on what I have read and would therefore speculate on.

Your camera appears to be a mini DV with a firewire port. Does your computer have a firewire port? If you are going to be doing DV data capture firewire in the Premiere Elements Capture window it might work. But I have seen at least one report where you camera was not recognized by a computer even with firewire. A USB connection typically does not work for Premiere Elements in this regard. Needs firewire if it is going to work at all.

On the other hand, I was not sure of the specifications (as far as I read).

http://www.videocamera-manual.com/manuals/panasonic/Panasonic_NV-GS75GC-S.pdf

And, I am wondering if this camera offers the alternative of recording the camera data to a memory card. Do you know if that is true. That would open up other possibilities.

For now I am assuming that the camera is offering DV data. On Windows, that should result in DV AVI. Not sure, but I think that on the Mac that was be DV.Mov.

Please fill us in on some more details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: compatability
            JCBM38 Level 1

Hello

I dont have Premiere Elements and i am  thinking to buy this software.  Reason i am askeing is, for few months ago i bought software from one company and at the first i tesded a trial version and it worked fine so i bought the linence to the software,  after that the capturing part of the software did not worked so i was told that software was not compatible  to my camcoder.  My operating system is window 7

Best regards Hjörtur

• 3. Re: compatability
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hjortur

Thanks for the follow up.

I would definitely go the free 30 day tryout of Premiere Elements 12 from Adobe. If that works, great. But, in view of your prior experience with another software, check it out beforehand with Adobe direct (taking names of who told you so) to make sure you can get your money back within 30 days of purchase if the software is unusable.

Please let us know the outcome. We are not Adobe at this forum. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their workflows.

Even with compatibility statements from manufacturers, it safest to assure the compatibility in your specific computer environment before purchase...lots of variations in computer environments. And, lots of potential for changes in a given computer environment when you things are OK.

ATR

• 4. Re: compatability
                John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is for Premiere Pro http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/cant-capture-dv-hdv-video.html but it has steps to do for tape capturing problems

• 5. Re: compatability
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

JCBM38

It sounds like your issues go to compatibility rather than how to do DV data capture into Premiere Elements. However....

Since there is specific Premiere Elements documentation on the DV data capture how tos, I will place the link here for your convenience if and when you should need it.

http://help.adobe.com/fr_FR/premiereelements/using/WS5CDA0F91-60F1-4b79-ABF6-E9E75F498DB2. html#WS2AF26FB5-4C63-4c46-9DB3-7249558F6528

Although there are similarities in video editors, it is best to go to the specific source when available which is the case here.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: compatability
                    JCBM38 Level 1

Hello

I was testing the captureing mode in premiere elements with panasonic NV-GS75EB.  The driver is not comeing into the source in the software.  I have change the compatibility for Wondows 7 and  the software is still not working.  What is next? Can you advice me?

Best regards Hjörtur

• 7. Re: compatability
                      John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Go to my reply #4 and click and read at the Adobe link

• 8. Re: compatability
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Hjortur

Replying to your post 6....

What version of Premiere Elements did you find for this test?

Was the Panasonic and Premiere Elements both set in agreement with the source....

if DV data capture, Premiere Elements project preset NTSC DV AVI standard or widescreen per the source

if HDV data capture, Premiere Elements project preset NTSC HDV HDV 720p30

Is your firewire cable OK?

If DV data capture firewire, try the capture into

Windows Live Photo Gallery and Windows Live Movie Maker...need to find a good reference for that

or

WinDVD http://windv.mourek.cz/

If HDV data capture firewire, try the capture into

HDV Split  http://strony.aster.pl/paviko/hdvsplit.htm

If you can try the HDV capture with HDV Split and your firewire cable.

What are you setting on the camera for these capture firewire tests?

More later.

ATR

• 9. Re: compatability
                          JCBM38 Level 1

Hello

The capturing mode is working:) i forgot to test more capturing options.  Thank you for your patience,  sorry to take you time into this matter.

Best regards Hjörtur

• 10. Re: compatability
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Hjortur

We are glad for the opportunity to help and are glad that you have resolved your issue. Good job.

Although troubleshooting can stop our temporary progress in a project, its saving grace is that it is a learning experience for us all, the one asking the question and those answering.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further questions on your Premiere Elements workflow.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: compatability
                              JCBM38 Level 1

Hello

I am going to buy premiere elements 12,   what is the best way to buy the product?

Best regards Hjörtur

• 13. Re: compatability
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Hjörtur

If you have tried out Premiere Elements 12 and are satisfied that it meets your video needs and is compatible with your computer environment, here is my perspective on your question "what is best way to buy the product".

A lot depends on preference and budget.

I prefer to buy the boxed packaging since that includes an installation disc for Windows and Mac versions. But, I have found that now you can purchase from Adobe only the download version of the product. If you have the tryout from Adobe downloaded already, you can just purchase the serial number from Adobe Sales (or elsewhere) and insert the purchased serial number in what you installed as the tryout. However, Adobe is selling the boxed packaging as well as the downloaded version through authorized venders. In my case, I shopped for the best price and purchased the boxed packaging from one of the authorized vendors.

As an example of the best price, things change at this time of the year. Right now I have found that there is a cheaper price by about $5 US dollars online from another reliable ventor.

Wherever you purchase the product from, make sure you obtain and keep the purchased serial number secure, and also that you have access to an installation disc or installation files in the case of a uninstall reinstall of the product.

Looking forward to your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: compatability
                                  JCBM38 Level 1

Hello

I only need to buy the serialnumber,  but it is not easy to find the serialnumber link when it has guided me into my chart there i cant find the link.  Am i forgetting one step or what? 

Hjörtur

• 15. Re: compatability
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

JCBM38

Where are you in the process?

Are you in the tryout box that you get each time you open the tryout...where it asks Buy or Continue the Tryout

or

Did you go to the Amazon web site and trying to purchase and download there

or

Other.

ATR

• 16. Re: compatability
                                      JCBM38 Level 1

Ok here is something to work with.  At the piture Adobe 1 i am stopping there in the process og buying. 

Here in Iceland we have almost bedtime 

• 17. Re: compatability
                                        JCBM38 Level 1

Hello

ok what is next step

Regards Hjörtur

• 18. Re: compatability
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hjortur

If you have the tryout, each time you open it, you will see a screen saying BUY or Continue with tryout.

You should be able to click on BUY and then follow the instructions for doing that. Are you seeing the tab for BUY and can it be clicked on? If so, what follows? Do you see instructions to follow to complete the purchase and get your purchased serial number? I am not sure if the BUY tab there works. But, if not....

Consult the Adobe documentation on this type of purchase. It can be found at

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-premiere-elements/faq.html

Look at section of Trial Information. And, the under Trial Information, follow the directions under "How do I convert to a paid, unrestricted version of my product?"

Please let us know if any of the above works for you.

Looking forward to your results.

Thank you.

ATR