35 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 8:51 AM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*

zentiger613 Level 1

for the past few days Adobe Premier Elements 11 will no longer work when i try to upload a video using the uploader the last few times i tried on facebook and vimeo i have gotten a message that says *failure to authenticate* followed by Kindly try again, however it gives me no clue or indication as to why there is a failure to authenticate. In the past i have uploaded videos to facebook and youtube just fine. Another thing i notice is that when i try to upload a video now it does not ask me for user info for any of these sites where im getting the *failure to authenticate* message.

having the uploader working is pretty important since it helps cut time down. Isnt it supposed to ask me for log in info? the vimeo account is new so ive never uploaded a video to vimeo yet.. so i assumed it would prompt me for my vimeo info and it did not.

<moved by mod from downloading, installing, setting up - kglad>

• 1. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
          Barbara B. Level 7

Sorry to move you again, but this isn't a good place for help with Premiere Elements since hardly anyone here uses it. I'll move you to the Premiere Elements forum.

• 2. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
            A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

When you go to Publish+Share/Online/YouTube or Vimeo or Facebook, do you see all the presets for the offerings?

Have you gone to preferences to refresh the Web Sharing?

Assuming that you have, this is what I would like you to do. Export your Timeline content to a file (Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with presets of MP4 1920 x 1080 p30, the one designated for YouTube, or whatever is appropriate for your project.  From the hard drive save location of the file, upload it to YouTube at the YouTube web site with the ID and Password that you have been using. Does the upload go to a successful completion?

And, is your Internet connection trouble free?

More later. Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
              zentiger613 Level 1

i am not seeing the preferences at all.. like in the past i would be prompted for user information.. i dont get those prompts anymore. I will try preferences first before exporting the timeline options. where are preferences changed? ok nevermind i found it (it gives an option to refresh) i will try refreshing the settings to see if that works first.

• 4. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                zentiger613 Level 1

i tried refresh and closed the program out and then re-opened it and added a video and tried again and im still getting the same exact error message.. and it is not prompting me for user info at all either. For instance i just made a vimeo account so i have never uploaded to vimeo as of yet.. so it should ask me for my user details for vimeo but it doesnt.

• 5. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

Are you running Premiere Elements as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements? Let us get those usual Q&A out of the way, ruling in or out.

Try the upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site to see if your ID and password are accepted there?

Or you could do that same with either Vimeo or Facebook.

Since you are having problems with all 3, that would seem to suggest a problem on your side rather than on the side of those web sites. But let the details direct our troubleshooting course.

Once we know that your ID and password are recognized by these sites, then we can focus on other troubleshooting approaches.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                    zentiger613 Level 1

i am currently uploading to vimeo but from my harddrive so i can just test the connection (it seems to be fine its 60% of the way done). It should be as an administrator because this is my copy and im the only one who uses this on my own laptop. i have quicktime 7 and i believe that is the most current version going.

ive been able to upload videos by saving them as flash files and then just going to the service and using the uploader from the service i.e. facebook and vimeo. I tried refreshing from preferences and that hasnt done anything.

someone suggested on another forum that deals with photoshop stuff that these websites may have updated recently on how they upload and that adobe just didnt keep up with updating on their end.. so could that be a possibility?

(we cant copy and paste on these forums?)

when you say try uploading do you mean via the uploader? or straight from the sites themselves? ive uploaded to 2 of the sites just fine from my harddrive.. its the uploader that is screwed up on my copy of premier elements 11.

• 7. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 working on? I do not recall seeing that information.

I have accounts at both Vimeo and YouTube. And, I have Premiere Elements 11 on both Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit.

What is your prime target, Vimeo or YouTube.

I will upload to either or both of those sites direct tonight or tomorrow morning and report back on my success or failure.

Your news about the upload of your file to Vimeo or YouTube at the Vimeo or YouTube sites will be important. Never take anything for granted.

More later. Do not give up.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                        zentiger613 Level 1

i have windows 7 premium and my target is for vimeo and posting to facebook since my main usage is those 2 sites. In the past the uploader worked just fine all across the board except for vimeo because at the time i didnt have vimeo so i never tested on vimeo in the past. I posted 1 video to facebook about a week ago with no problems whatsoever until this week.

• 9. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

I did not see your last post until I had posted mine.

Are you saying that tonight you can

a. export your Premiere Elements 11 Timeline to a file (.mp4 or .mov)

b. take that file saved to your computer hard drive and upload it to YouTube or Vimeo web at the YouTube or Vimeo web site?

I have not uploaded to either recently. So, it will be interesting to see if my files upload via the Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Online/YouTube or Vimeo. If they do, so much for the speculation that things have changed and these sites are not in sync with Adobe or vice versa.

More later.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                            zentiger613 Level 1

i have done that to vimeo and its processing now the only difference is that i did it as a flash file. would the format make any difference?

• 11. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

I had not used Vimeo since February of this year. Tonight I went to Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 Professional SP1 64 bit, NTSC AVCHD Full  HD 1080i30 project, and upload a Timeline of about 5 photos (12.67 MB/20.00 sec) to Vimeo, using the Vimeo preset of Vimeo HD.

There were no problems in doing that which seems to discount the idea that there have been changes at Vimeo and that Vimeo and Adobe are not in sync.

The first thing that I saw after I hit the next button was

online1.JPG

After I hit Authorize, I saw

online2.JPG

After I put in the email address and password that I established back in February 2013, I saw

online3.JPG

After I clicked on Allow, then

Online4.JPG

After I closed out of that, then

Online 5.JPG

After I clicked on Complete Authorization, then what followed was

a. Premiere Elements Vimeo dialog to complete video description

b. and so on to a successful upload of my Timeline to Vimeo.

_____________________________________________________________________________

If you were able to upload a flash file or anything at the Vimeo web site and it was successful, then you must have used the correct User Name and ID. 

Let us get back to Premiere Elements 11 and Publish+Share/Online/Vimeo.

What is the duration of the Timeline content that was to be uploaded?

What were the properties of what you had on that Premiere Elements 11 Timeline?

What did you or the program set as the Premiere Elements 11 project preset?

As I recall, you said that all this worked before. What were you doing before...just Facebook or YouTube, no Vimeo then?

Where did you establish your Vimeo account? At the Vimeo web site? And, was that only tonight?

When you refreshed your Premiere Elements services was that through Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing?

Can you disconnect your Internet connection (with hazard to anything else) for about 30 seconds and then turn it back on?

Shutdown the computer, restart it, and try again. Even though you  may be the only one using your computer, make sure of the permissions. Classically, Premiere Elements 11 needs to be run as Run As Administrator or from a user account with Administrative Privileges.

I have tried to give this a comprehensive look. Please review, try in the morning, and let us know of your progress. Should we repeat this with YouTube? Any benefit in that? If so, I will do it.

Thanks.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

I am just about to call it a day and wanted to reflect on some thoughts that I have had about your issue since my last Vimeo oriented post.

Based on my first hand results tonight, there is nothing to support a change in Vimeo or Adobe or either of them being out of sync on the feature offered in Premiere Elements 11. So, based on your report that this worked before, then we need to focus on your computer, Internet connection, User IDs/passwords and such, not to mention the Timeline content and duration. In the latter regard, this could be an issue for YouTube, but not Vimeo since I do not see any posted limits for it.

So please reflect on what parameters could have changed from before and after to put you in the situation that you are now in. And thoughts on any before and after differences however small?

I will check out your progress in the morning.

ATR

Add On..If you are forced to upload a file to YouTube or Vimeo at the YouTube or Vimeo web site, then, for best results, I would create an AVCHD.mp4 file (1920 x 1080p30) if you are dealing in HD. I would not be bothered with the those flash files that you said you used.

See Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with the MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30 preset.

• 13. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                  zentiger613 Level 1

I am using just vimeo and facebook currently so any testing should be done on either of those.

i get that same first dialog box for vimeo when i try to publish to vimeo but it does not go to the second dialot box i.e. the vimeo log in page.. the next thing i will get is the "failure to authenticate" error message. actually what happens now that i looked at it again is this.. i get the first box in your screenshots.. then the very very last one, so its skipping the most important parts, like what i was saying in the initial post about not getting the prompt or dialog box for my user info. so everything between the first and last screenshot is missing in the process.

the duration of the video is 3:33 mins.

im not sure on the properties or preset im still learning how to use this.. how can i tell? where would i look in the program to tell?

i established the vimeo account at the vimeo website on nov 8, 2013 so 2 days ago.

I also have the same exact problem with facebook though.. the same failure to authenticate message

the only thing that did work recently was about a week ago on youtube.. and that was the last thing that worked with the uploader. ( i have sinced stopped using youtube until or unless they resolve the google+ issue)

once i stopped using youtube and tried to upload things to facebook which worked as recently as roughly a week and a half ago thats when i got the first *failure to authenticate* message.

when i refreshed it was through edit/menu/preferences

i can refresh the internet without any problems once i post this i will along with a restart of the laptop (i have tried the restart of the laptop before along with a new clean install of premier elements 11 to see if that would resolve the issue)

Im assuming that i should already be under administrator since im the only person thats ever used this copy on my own device. where do i check priveleges for adobe premier elements 11?

• 14. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                    zentiger613 Level 1

i tried the internet being shut off and then back on and  a fresh restart of the laptop and i tried to upload another video to vimeo via the uploader in elements and its still the same issue.

• 15. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

zeniger613

Thank for the follow ups. Just starting my day.

1. Let us stay with the troubleshooting using Vimeo. I do not use Facebook at all.

2. Let us detour to what is on the Timeline and the project settings.

a. Check Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and check out the readings there, especially for Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size.

b. Better yet, start a new project and manually set the project preset so that it agrees with the properties of your source media. To do that, open new project and go immediately to File Menu/New/Project and set the project preset so that it matches the properties of your source media. Before exiting the new project dialog, make sure you have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". Then close out of the new project dialog. Back in the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace, use Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets to get your source media to the Timeline.

c. Properties of the source media can be determined from properties readout programs such as MediaInfo. But with all downloads proceed with caution so that you do not get nuisance downloads with the one you want. If you have video from camera, often the brand/model/settings of the camera will supply enough information to figure out the properties of the source media.

Please confirm...have you been trying to upload the same Timeline content from the same project in each of these problem runs? If you go back to YouTube now, can you get through the authentication step?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

I had not heard from you today and was not sure if you had gained success with the Premiere Elements upload of your Timeline to Vimeo from Premiere Elements Online/Vimeo.

Have you ruled in or out the Timeline contribution to this issue as detailed in post 15? If that is a non factor and you have been able to upload a .mp4 file to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site, then I would ask you to try the following.

a. Sign into Vimeo at the Vimeo web site and remain signed in..

b. Open your Premiere Elements project and try to upload the Timeline to Vimeo via Premiere Elements Online/Vimeo.

If you opt to upload a file directly to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site, I would encourage you to think about your format for the upload. Of course, go with what works for you. But, be guided by the published Vimeo recommendations in that regard.

https://vimeo.com/help/compression

I would go with AVCHD.mp4 or H.264.mp4. I have and have gotten excellent results.

More later.

ATR

Add On...Forgot to ask, what is your Browser? Have you changed Browser lately?

• 17. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                          zentiger613 Level 1

sorry i got swamped with work on monday i didnt get a chance to get back to anything online.

these are the project settings as they are displayed currently (and they have never been changed or re-configured)

Editing Mode:HD 1080

Timebase:29:97 frames/second

Frame Size:1920x1080 horizontal/vertical

Display format:30fps drop-frame timecode

Title Safe Area: 20x20

Audio:48000 Hz.

Display format: Audio Samples

Capture/HDV

Video Render:

File format: Iframe only MPEG

Compressor:MPEG I-frame

on the vimeo issue i have tried uploading to Vimeo while being logged in and i still got the *failure to authenticate* message.

• 18. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

I have edited what I had originally written in reply to your latest post. This is my re-edited reply.

Thank you for the follow up information.

I believe that we have gone in a systematic route in trying to resolve your issue. I have taken the time to demonstrate that the issue is not in Adobe and/or Vimeo synchronization since I had no problems uploading my Premiere Elements Timeline to Vimeo from the Premiere Elements Online/Vimeo opportunity. I had not used my Vimeo account since February of this year, and it worked then and it works now.

I believe the issue resides in your computer and a change that occurred within it. Since you are in the best position to gauge your computer situation, it forces you to look deeper into your computer environment in your own sytematic fashion...anti-virus, firewalls, Internet connections, and the like.

If you are trying and re-trying to upload the same Timeline, then I was going to suggest you try uploading a different Timeline content...something very basic. But the relationship of that to what appears to be a connection issue is questionable. But, at certain stages of troubleshooting all factors should be ruled out or in. Often the most unlikely thing turns out to be at the core of an issue.

But it is your decision whether you want to upload to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site or spend your time troubleshooting your Premiere Elements Online/Vimeo opportunity here.

ATR

• 19. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                              zentiger613 Level 1

there hasnt been any major changes to my internet or computer that would interfere with the adobe uploader.

maybe my copy of adobe elements 11 is corrupted, at any rate its just one of many problems ive had with premier elements 11.

the uploader went from working fine to not working at all right around the time premier elements 12 came along.

i havent changed anything on the user end in regards to premier elements 12. I have tried to upload just a very basic video from my camera to adobe to facebook and vimeo just to see if it would upload and it wouldnt.

you know i can upload to vimeo via the site just fine, however i paid good money for this adobe product so i want it to work correctly with all the features, regardless if i use them or not.

• 20. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

When did that all come about?

the uploader went from working fine to not working at all right around the time premier elements 12 came along.

I believe that your latest post was the first to mention Premiere Elements 12. Did I miss that? I have been under the assumption that you are running Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit.

If still interested, please verify the situation

Are you running both 11 and 12 on your Windows 7 64 bit? When did the Vimeo problem first surface, after you went to 12 if you went to 12 at all?

Depending on your reply, are you saying that neither 11 or 12 offers you the opportunity to upload to Vimeo from Premiere Elements Online/Vimeo?

If you think clarification on your side would help, I would be glad to listen.

I will check your thread in the morning for any further messages.

Thanks.

ATR

• 21. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                  zentiger613 Level 1

about 1 week ago

and on version 12 im saying i never had any problems with version 11 until they started plugging version 12 so thats just a loose timeframe. I am only running 11. I was considering to get 12 over the holidays but considering the problems with version 11 theres no way im gonna spend money on version 12 and more than likely any adobe products. This is a relatively new program so i shouldnt be having problems like this at all.

• 22. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                    zentiger613 Level 1

can adobe premier elements still be downloaded at www.adobe.com because i was gonna try to download from the website and then just add my serial number to see if its anything possibly corrupted or wrong with the copy i have from disk thats downloaded to my harddrive.

• 23. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

So, you are saying no 12 on that computer with 11.

What other problems are you having with 11 besides the upload to Vimeo from the program's Online/Vimeo? Perhaps if we exchanged details on that it might give us overall direction.

Definitely do not purchase any software unless you go the free 30 day tryout first, Adobe or other. I have not run into software yet that is troubleshooting-free.

I want to help, but I work with details. I do not know if I mentioned, but I do not work for Adobe and am not affiliated with it in any way. This is a user to user forum. My interests are in helping you move forward in your projects. I have troubleshooted my way out of some difficult troubleshooting situation.

Do you have any other computer available to you besides the one that you are using for Premiere Elements 11?

I do not give up and will stay with you until we figure this out. If you want otherwise, I thank you for the opportunity to try to help.

ATR

• 24. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

I am still up, but ready to call it a day. About 2 am here.

Adobe is now offering only Premiere Elements 12 as the tryout. I am not sure if you can plug your Premiere Elements 11 serial number into that.

You will need to deactivate your Premiere Elements 11 beforehand. See Help Menu/Deactivate. Maybe even uninstall it.

Have you given any thought to using a product like ccleaner (cleaner and registry parts)

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I do not believe that you have a corrupt Premiere Elements 11, but I let the facts tell the story.

What you might also consider.

Premiere Elements 11. Deactivate, Help Menu/Deactivate.

Uninstall the program via Control Panel route

Run through of ccleaner (cleaner and registry)

Reinstall Premiere Elements 11

In the meanwhile, look for and get rid of pile ups of preview files, conformed video and audio.

Please review and then think about what is in your best interests.

Will check thread later in the morning.

ATR

• 25. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                          zentiger613 Level 1

ive had alot of problems with the rendering.. usually in expert mode the render feature doesnt work so i have to switch modes and render it and then switch back. Its also had alot of problems with just crashing just out of the blue and not allowing me to save work before it does.

• 26. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

zentiger613

Right now I would think about my suggestion of the version 11 deactivation, uninstall, ccleaner, reinstall with looking for and getting rid of pile ups of preview files and conformed audio and video.

More details on that next.

Really do need to sign off now.

ATR

• 27. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                              Mik_NY Level 1

Premiere Elements 8, Windows 7, youtube account is authenticating successfully through Premiere Elements 8

When attempting to upload to the youtube account, the upload proceeds but when completed, it fails and displays this error.

error.jpg

[NOTE: I have not selected a category type which was discontinued by youtube, as described here: Failed error | Upload to YouTube | Adobe Premiere Elements 9, 10 ]

Please advise how to obtain technology support/solution.

• 28. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike_NY

I have seen this type of error message before, and the cause has gone to the YouTube Server and not Premiere Elements. Please read what I wrote over a year ago in a thread at another forum that I no longer visit.

Help with Premiere Elements 8 - Elements Village

This is what I would like you to do first. Export your Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Time to a H.264 .mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive

and then export that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Do you get a successful upload if you go that route instead of going through the Premiere Elements

8.0/8.0.1 Share/Online/YouTube process?

Later tonight I will do an upload to YouTube from my Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Share/Online/YouTube and report on the outcome.

The usual Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 drill...

1. Are you running the program as the 8.0.1 Update?

2. Do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features turned Off?

If you have any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask. If you need settings how to for the Timeline exported to file,

please give the details of your project settings related to Frame Size, Frame Rate, interlaced or progressive, etc.

More later.

ATR

• 29. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mik_NY

Please also refer to my prior post numbered 28 in this thread.

It would appear that the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Share/Online/YouTube issue that I wrote about in 1913 still exists and/or has resurfaced.

I just attempted to upload my Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Timeline to YouTube from Premiere Elements' 8.0/8.0.1 Share/Online/YouTube, got as far as

YouTube doing its rendering, but when it made a move for uploading, I received the same HTTP message that you did with your version 8.0/8.0.1. The following is a screenshot documenting my results:

PE8 HTTP.JPG

Based on the history of this issue and the present findings, I am advising you to export your Timeline to a H.264.mp4 file and upload that from its hard drive save location to YouTube at the YouTube web site if you are going to be using Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1. At this same time, I am having no problems using Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Social websites/YouTube for an upload of the Timeline to YouTube from within Premiere Elements.

If you need suggested settings for your export to file of the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Timeline, please let me know, and I will post them.

Thank you.

ATR

• 30. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                                    Mik_NY Level 1

Hello AT Romano,

And thank you, thank you, thank you! 

You have saved me so much time trying to troubleshoot an issue which is apparently not due to Premiere Elements 8, but in fact the youtube server issue you thoroughly researched and described in the Elements Village forum.

I am very grateful for your time and help.

Yes, I've previously had success when saving the PE8 project to my hard drive (I used format: MPEG, HD720p 25), and then uploading that to my youtube channel. The technology works fine, but the reason I was trying the direct Sharing to youtube option in PE8 (which we know doesn't function on the youtube server side) was to improve the video quality, by selecting "High Definition Video for YouTube - 1920x1080".

If I could ask your opinions on improving the video quality when saving the project to my hard drive, I remain grateful and start with your questions:

1. Although I downloaded and installed PE8 update 8.01, when I run it the message indicates that I have already updated the PE8 version.

801.jpg

However, when I use the "About" menu item, it still reflects version 8.0, instead of 8.01.

version.jpg

Is this normal, or do you think that maybe the 8.0.1 Updater is not running correctly for me when it indicates "The product is up-to-date." because the "About" menu item still indicates version 8.0.

2. "Export your Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Time to a H.264 .mp4"
                                                                    This is exactly the advice I am seeking, a better quality video than format MPEG, HD720p 25. However, I am uncertain whether the specific format suggested is available from my pre-sets (which I believe are complete in my PE8 install; I have seen the separate issue where it's necessary to download and install the Blu-ray pre-sets; I didn't need to do that.)

So the question is whether the suggested H.264 .mp4 is the same as H.264 1440x1080i 25 (which saves as a file type: H.264 Blu-Ray, with a .m2t format instead of .mp4 you recommended)

H264.jpg

Or perhaps I am missing some pre-sets within the above list to get an .mp4 output?

[Acceptable youtube file formats don't list .m2t: Supported YouTube file formats - YouTube Help]

3. "Do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features turned Off?"

Good question, I will need to do some more research to find where those settings are "selectable" in PE8 and report back here to let you know.

4. "the details of your project settings related to Frame Size, Frame Rate, interlaced or progressive, etc"

I'll also need to do some research to find out how to determine the answers to these settings. If I recall accurately, I made some initial choices when starting creation of the project, and now that the project is made and saved, I cannot change those settings. I'm not yet sure how to find out what selections I had made when I started creating the project, or whether that information is available somewhere AFTER the project is made and saved. I'll need to do some more PE8 research to find out how to answer the questions about Frame Size, Frame Rate, interlaced or progressive.

5. "no problems using Premiere Elements 12 Publish+Share/Social websites/YouTube for an upload of the Timeline to YouTube from within Premiere Elements"
                                                                    That was another area I was curious about, whether purchasing a more up to date release of PE (like Premiere Elements 12) would help make it more useable. I am hesitant to do that because:

a. I barely know the User Interface for PE8, so relearning what's changed for PE12 is something I would like to avoid. Not being able to upload to youtube directly from PE8 is not a problem. I am happy to save the project to my hard drive and then upload to youtube as suggested, but ... would you recommend I upgrade from PE8 to PE12? ... to achieve the goals of a better quality Export/Save of the project to my hard drive?

b. For any existing projects I have created and saved with PE8, would they still be accessible using PE12?

6. "If you need suggested settings for your export to file of the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Timeline, please let me know, and I will post them."

Yes, please. That would address all the questions above (except the first, regarding the PE8 version 8.01.)
                                                                    This is precisely what I am looking for assistance with.

Apologies for the lengthy post. Your first two replies have been so helpful. I can't tell you how much time and effort you have saved and I remain grateful for your advice on this follow-up. The detailed research and explanations in the Elements Village forum last year were also great!

Thanks!

Mike

• 31. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike,

Thanks for the follow up. Glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

1. Adobe established the 8.0.1 Update with no "8.0.1" notation to be found in the program. You just need to know that you installed it and that you received some sort of installation successful message. One of the function of the 8.0.1 Update is to shut off the originally set default of automatic background rendering turned off. So, I guess, if you find automatic background rendering off and you did not do it, then the 8.0.1 Update did.

To check automatic background rendering settings, please see Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the option there - with or without a check mark next to it. To check AutoAnalzyer, go to the Elements Organizer workspace, Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalzyer Options, and turn off all of those options. If you are getting unexpected flaws in what you are viewing in the Edit area monitor, see Edit Menu/Preferences/General and the option Enable GPU Playback with and without the check mark. One of the perks of your version is that you have some GPU Effects and GPU Transitions depending on your video card/graphics card. Those GPU Effects and GPU Transitions disappeared from Premiere Elements after version 8.0/8.0.1.

2. What is your source video

1920 x 1080 16:9

or

1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9

or

1280 x 720 16:9

If you want a 1920 x 1080 file to upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site, for version 8.0/8.0.1, I would explore

Mobile Phones and Players

Apple iPod and iPhone

and Presets = iPod and iPhone - High Quality

Now the important part - under the Advanced Button/Video Tab, customize the Export Settings to be the same as those in the screenshot

(start with Level and Profile and then do all the rest)

YouTube.JPG

That should give you a H.264.mp4 file (1920 x 1080 at 25 progressive frames per second. Then upload that file to YouTube from your hard drive to the YouTube web site. We could also try a QuickTime route, but I think that the H.264.mp4 may give you better results.

Please let me know the properties of your source media should that I can fine tune the suggestions. I would hold off purchasing new software at this time. Wait until your version no longer has the must have feature to get your job done. And, always go the free 30 day tryout of the program before purchase to assure the program's compatibility with your computer environment and source media.

YouTube has limits size and duration. If you use the Share/Online/YouTube with your version, you are restricted to 2048 MB and 10 minutes. Both Premiere Elements 12 and its Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube and YouTube web site are up to 2 GB 15 minutes. You cannot do anything about the limits in your version or in version 12, but, if you upload your video file at the YouTube web site, you can probably get an extended time account to be used there only for your file uploads from the computer hard drive.

Whether or not you can open Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 project files in Premiere Elements 12/12.1 is questionable. No guarantees. One difference you may run into is that your version supports .tga files and 12 does not. If you are involved with title templates you may be especially impacted by this.

Please review and consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 32. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                                        Mik_NY Level 1

Success!

AT,

I cannot thank you enough for such precise, prompt and helpful guidance using Premiere Elements 8. ... remarkable!

1a. Auto Analyzer: All selections are now unchecked and after entering my email address, these settings appear to have been saved.

[Your previous guidance in 2009 was very helpful: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/501214]

1b. Enable Background Rendering was already unchecked (so it appears I have PE8 version 8.0.1)

1c. Enable GPU Playback: Unless you suggest otherwise, I left this checked because I am not "getting unexpected flaws in what you are viewing in the Edit area monitor."
                                                                        I've tried using the GPU type transitions so I think it's useful to leave this checked, so the Edit area monitor shows any selected GPU type transitions.

2. Video source files

I was able to find these parameters when checking the properties for the .mov files.

[In this example, the source quality is low; taken with an iPhone.]

iphone source.jpg

3. Export settings were setup as recommended (and understood, video quality limited by the parameters in original source files).

settings.jpg

I was able to save the video project using the above settings and upload to youtube and it worked perfect. No more blocky pixels, like I had before my original post in this forum.

For the reasons provided, I agree about staying with Premiere Elements 8. For what I'm using the software for, no need to upgrade to PE 12.

"YouTube has limits size and duration."

Very helpful and I will definitely keep this in mind when creating other projects, from GoPro media.

go pro.jpg

For the GoPro source media (I think I had to convert the files from the native GoPro file format to .mp4 - can't recall) but when creating a new project from start, any thoughts about which initial settings would be best?

new proj.jpg

ATR, I'm very grateful for the outstanding product assistance!
                                                                        Thank you so much for sharing your expertise with the community for what appears to have been the past 8 YEARS!

-Mike

• 33. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the follow up and the great news of success. Great job.

Just a few comments....

a. The suggested export settings (1920 x 1080....) for the file to upload to YouTube at the YouTube web site was intended for a higher resolution Timeline source.

You run the risk of poor results when the program has to upscale from 568 x 320 (16:9) to 1920 x 1080 (16:9). But, it worked for you in this instance, so success is welcomed. But, you can customize the frame size settings and whatever appropriate if you run into any problems in this regard.

b. With the GoPro footage that you cite, I would set the project preset for

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD1080i30 (if the GoPro has 5.1 channel audio instead of Stereo, the Full HD1080i30 5.1 channel)

c. In Premiere Elements earlier than version 11, there is no more signing in. That requirement went when photoshop.com and photoshop.com plus

were discontinued by Adobe from all versions that used it. So, I am not sure about the "entering my email address" when you wrote

"All selections are now unchecked and after entering my email address, these settings appear to have been saved"

Bottom line: Great new, Great job. We are very pleased with your success.

Best wishes

ATR

• 34. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                                            Mik_NY Level 1

Thanks AT,

Perfect, I will note those settings for the "Setup" selections when creating a new project from GoPro media.

Regarding (c.), sorry for the confusion. Yes, I understood that Plus membership was discontinued and I guess this is the reason I can no longer use any of the "Themes" that used to be available in PE8 (because I can no login as required to use Themes, and just a very few of the transitions).

For changing the Auto-Analyzer Options (unchecking all), you are correct; that didn't require me to "login" to my Adobe account with my email and password..

But after clicking OK to apply the unchecked selections, a popup dialogue did appear which required that I enter my email address, which was no problem at all. It only needs to be done once.

The need to enter an email address is also mentioned back in 2009 in this thread, within Ozpeter's Response #1 (second paragraph). Beware - Elements (8.0) Auto Analyzer runs on startup

It wasn't any big deal and not a problem at all. If you did this (once) five years ago, it would be easy to have forgotten that little popup dialogue box appears, requesting your email address.

Unfortunately, I cannot re-create it to illustrate since it only appears the first time changing the Auto-Analyzer options, but no biggie either way

Thanks again for all your terrific help. It is greatly appreciated!

- Mike

• 35. Re: Premier Elements will not upload to vimeo..facebook..or youtube *failure to authenticate message*
                                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mike

Thanks for the reply.

We will be looking forward to learning of any new developments with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR