7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2013 8:43 AM by A.T. Romano

Inserting a still image into a video

Trawler042

I have a still photo I would like to insert into a video clip I've made.  I added the image to my Project Assets but when i try to drag it to the timeline it wants to overlay some of the video.  I would like this image to come up for a couple of seconds as part of the video, in between two video clips, but not overlay the video.  Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Inserting a still image into a video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Trawler042

From what you describe, the overlay is the way this is done.

You can create the overlay by placing the still on Video 2 above your video on Video 1.

or

You can hold down the Ctrl key of the computer main keyboard and drag your still into the frames that you want to overlay on Video 1.

Please check out the above and let us know if I have targeted your question. If not, please point out where I have misinterpreted your question. Whatever you do, watch out for the impact on any associated audio.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Inserting a still image into a video
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Trawler042,

If you wish for the Still Image to be placed "between" two Video Clips, with no overlaying of the Still, over the Video, can you not just drag that to Video Track #1, where the two Video Clips are located? This should then move the second Video to the right, allowing for the Still Image to appear after Video Clip #1, and before Video Clip #2. Also, if there are other Assets, beyond Video Clip #2, they will all be moved to the right, as well.

I am reading your desires differently, than ATR is, so if this is not what you wish, then I just mis-read.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - for the Rippling of the following Video/Assets, one would NOT use one of the modifier keys, such as Ctrl.

• 3. Re: Inserting a still image into a video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

According to Trawler, "I have a still photo I would like to insert into a video clip I've made".

What I picked up on was Trawler's "...to insert into a video clip" with the emphasis on "into a video clip".

I overlooked an alternate interpretation since Trawler apparently got the two video clips to the Timeline in what should have been the same drag and drop drill as for the still.

The answers will be in the further details. I have presented the details of my interpretation to help Trawler know where I was heading in my reply and to be able to point out what I overlooked if that is what I have done.

ATR

• 4. Re: Inserting a still image into a video
                the_wine_snob Level 9

I saw that too, but then the "between" was what I was working on.

in between two video clips,

Either way, Trawler now has two ways to do it, and I hope that one will yield the desired results.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Inserting a still image into a video
                  whsprague Level 4

Cut the clip into two pieces.  Grab the right half a slide it to the right to make room.  Make more room than you need.  Drag the photo to the now empty spot.  Adjust the play time of the photo by dragging the right edge.  Close the remaing gap.

• 6. Re: Inserting a still image into a video
                    Trawler042 Level 1

Thanks.  Romano, I was trying to insert between two clips.  I'm still new and don't have the correct terminology at my fingertips.  I was referring to the entire video as a clip.

Thanks for the help.  I put it in as an overlay in a title and it worked.

• 7. Re: Inserting a still image into a video
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Trawler042

Thanks for the follow up.

Great news that "putting it in as an overlay in a title" worked for you.

Continued success.

ATR