1 person found this helpful
You can have as many trackers on a footage layer as you like. Just make sure you create a NEW tracker for each pass, and create new Nulls for target layers if that's how you're working.
You can also do each tracking pass in a seperate comp, if it makes things easier, then just paste the final results into a master comp when you're ready to render.
Hi I will try that today, thanks, I think each one in a new comp may be key. Also I have been following a video copilot instruction video and can you tell me why you put a matte layer with a croppped photo when you are adding it as a layer in your comp?
Do you know what settings I should have in the rendering of the master comp? It is in the render queue and I have on my mac and I need the render to be to quicktime so I can reimport it into final cut prox
Render Settings - Best Settings Log - Errors Only
Without seeing the tutorial you're using I can't tell you the purpose of the matte layer, sorry.
Your output settings are exactly right for a 1920x1080 lossless file. My only note is that you're not outputting an alpha channel, which is fine unless you need transparent areas in your output file to composite over other content. If you don't need transparency, these output settings are fine.
What do I change to output an alpha channel? I might as well do it if it could be useful.
Ok but is it necessary to have a matte layer ? this tutorial was importing all white of an eye as a still image and then putting a green matte layer with it over the top of a normal eye in the comp. I don't understand the matte layers' importance, but is it ok to just mask out an eye from a still and add it to the main comp and then track it ,
which is what I am doing. but as I said before when I do the second eye, the tracking gets all messed up on the first eye, but I will try putting the second eye in a new comp as you suggest.
Thanks for your help.
Hi finally worked out why the tracking was off I don't know if it is the proper answer but the Null layers had to be all at the top of the pile
Before... I sorted an eye then tracked it, then did the other eye and tracked it and so the Null layers were inbetween, all wrong
So now onto the liquifying and growing fangs!
This is a good video: http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorial/eye_replacement/ not quite right for my project but I got there in the end.