8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2013 9:58 PM by Dov Isaacs

indesign cc terribly slow

mudgroup

hi, just upgraded from indesign cs6 to cc and the cc software is at least 3 times slower than cs6.

is there something im missing ?

operating system 10.9

processor 2 x 2.8 ghz guad core

6gb 800mhz memory

pls help ?

• 1. Re: indesign cc terribly slow
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

There are several other threads on this already. Please read through them.

Adobe is aware of issues and is working on them.

• 2. Re: indesign cc terribly slow
            Was DYP Level 3

"FYI ...

"Adobe Engineering is painfully aware of the current performance issues with InDesign 9.

There will be an update in the relatively near future that will include a good number of fixes specifically to address performance problems in multiple areas, problems that unfortunately were the result of the massive code changes both for migrating to MacOS X's Cocoa framework as well as to 64-bit."

- Dov - Staff

"Not everyone is experiencing performance issues. The majority of users

are not."

-Bob - does anybody know?

Take you pick.

Seriously I would revert back to CS6, as that is what most of us have had to do.

• 3. Re: indesign cc terribly slow
              mudgroup Level 1

yep.. reinstalling cs6 now... why release something like that ? a joke!

• 4. Re: indesign cc terribly slow
                BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

With over a million subscribers, yeah, I think it's safe to say the majority

are not having issues. That doesn't minimize them for those that are but

I've yet to see YOU offer anything other than troll-like comments.

• 5. Re: indesign cc terribly slow
                  mudgroup Level 1

im just a humble designer trying to use the tools of my trade. sorry.. but it is not good enough.

• 6. Re: indesign cc terribly slow
                    Was DYP Level 3

700,000 of those were subscribers to CS6 and not many of them have be able to use CC. Get real and quit living in your fantasy land.

• 7. Re: indesign cc terribly slow
                      Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Tell me, Was, how do you get this information? Have you been out doing surveys? I just taught InDesign at a San Francisco conference and a great many of the users were using InDesign CC successfully.

• 8. Re: indesign cc terribly slow
                        Dov Isaacs Adobe Employee

Folks,

I will repeat my response on behalf of Adobe from another thread:

Adobe Engineering is painfully aware of the current performance issues with InDesign 9.

There will be an update in the relatively near future that will include a good number of fixes specifically to address performance problems in multiple areas, problems that unfortunately were the result of the massive code changes both for migrating to MacOS X's Cocoa framework as well as to 64-bit.

There are definitely issues, but not all users are encountering them. That doesn't mean that there is something virtuous about users who don't encounter the performance issues or evil about those who do encounter those issues. There are a number of variables including platform, the formatting of the document being edited, the actual content already in the document, etc. There are well over a dozen separate scenarios that have already been identified and fixed as well as others being fully investigated for fixes. Hopefully all the fixes will be integrated and fully tested in time to come down chimneys. 

- Dov